movies

rabyfox

Reaction score
The iphone triumphs being able to watch movies instantly on ur phone. Can droid do this yet? Or are there websites to watch movies from? Or if you have the iphone you have to buy movies to download much like itunes? Thanks for the clarification!

D

dvdcatalyst

Yes, Droid Does..

Did you have a look at the other threads here in this area of the forum, or used the search feature?

Anyway, the Droid can play 854x480 (full resolution) MP4 video encoded using h264.
The iPhone can play a max of 720x480 video, but has a 480x320 resolution.

Most iPhone formatted video files will play fine on the Droid, however, iTunes purchased movies and TV shows as well as Digital Copies do not work.

edit:

the mp4 links from this post play instantly on your Droid.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/15161-droid-optimized-movie-trailers.html

SoDroid

Reaction score
Using a service found in the market called Jetflicks, you can instantly watch a large selection of TV shows from mainstream cable and premium networks like HBO and Showtime. It streams, has good quality, and a good selection. Its not movies, but I think shows are perfect for the phone, I don't plan on watching my phone for 2+ hours.

I've tried several movie streaming apps but have been unimpressed. Try LukLuk. Its not great but it is free. They have an ok selection and ok quality.

OP
R

rabyfox

Reaction score
Thanks. Which app can you watch movies from though?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks. Which app can you watch movies from though?

I have not seen any app that allows you to stream movies on the Droid.

OP
R

rabyfox

Reaction score
Thanks sodroid! Ill have to check those both out.

OP
R

rabyfox

Reaction score
So I downloaded the jetflix app.. quick question:

So I have to buy the app for $1.99 then I have to buy a subscription for on a monthly basis?

SoDroid

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to get back on sooner. Jetflicks requires a subscription. If you do it for one month, the cost is $10. I did this just to try it out before I subscribed. If you get it for the year, the cost is $4 per month. At $4 per month, its very worth it for me. I watch it 5 days per week for about an hour.
Since you've downloaded the app, you are now able to view the selection available. Check out what they have in stock, if you like it I would subscribe. The quality is definitely good. That was my biggest question.
If You have any other questions let me know.

Whip

Reaction score
Sorry, probably a newb question, but can you connect your droid to a TV to watch these movies/shows whatever, on your big screen?

SoDroid

Reaction score
Hmm, I know you can stream movies, music and pictures to your ps3 thru an app called twonky server. I haven't really used it tho. Or I've heard you can plug your phone directly into a ps3. But other than ways involving a ps3, I'm not sure.

Kessol

Reaction score
Sorry, probably a newb question, but can you connect your droid to a TV to watch these movies/shows whatever, on your big screen?

Yes, connect your cable to a USB port on your TV (if it has one). Select USB as SOURCE on your tv, scroll though the files/folders until you see your movies and select the one you want.Once playing you can pause/play/etc.

D

dvdcatalyst

Yes, connect your cable to a USB port on your TV (if it has one). Select USB as SOURCE on your tv, scroll though the files/folders until you see your movies and select the one you want.Once playing you can pause/play/etc.

This depends on the TV model. Only a few recent models are capable of video playback from a USB device. From these, most are just capable of DIVX/AVI playback, however, if you have this Philips model it might work.

Reaction score
Since you've downloaded the app, you are now able to view the selection available. Check out what they have in stock, if you like it I would subscribe. The quality is definitely good. That was my biggest question.

danger

Reaction score
Theres an app called Gmote. You can use your droid as a remote for your computer and also stream it to your droid. The kicker is you still have to have the movie in MP4 format.