Move Pics from Computer back to Gnex

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
USB Issue

I posted yesterday on this site about my issue about not being able to transfer my pics from my comp back to my Nexus. I also rooted using Wug's toolkit. My issue:

I cannot transfer the pics back to my GNex. When I am in PTP mode however, I can transfer pics from phone to the computer.When I am in MTP mode I can do nothing. Dezymond was helping me out yesterday and said it might be driver issue. He recommended that I install the Samsung driver, which I did, but when prompted to download, it said I already had them. I proceeded anyway and downloaded them again. Still nothing.

Also, when trying to retrieve my apps from Wug's root toolkit it will not recognize my device. It says "adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command. And I am in debugging mode.

Finally, this is the message that comes up when I plug in my Gnex to USB:

Found New Hardware Wizard comes up and says:

There was a problem installing this hardware:

SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device

An error occured during the installation of this device

The required section was not found in the INF

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
I just need to get the correct drivers. How do I find out the right one for my computer??

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've merged your thread from yesterday with the new one from today. No need to start a new thread every day, posting in the old one will bring it back up to the top.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about that! Thanks Trus!

Not a problem... it's actually better to use the old thread because there is a higher chance that someone who had subscribed looking for results or who was working on an answer will see that something else had been posted and chime in.

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
So I reinstalled PDAnet and it reinstalled the adb drivers successfully. And I am NO longer getting this error message:

Cannot Install this software.

There was a problem installing this hardware

Samsung Mobile MTP Device

An error occurred while installing this device

The required section was not found in the INF

However, the computer is still not recognizing my device and cant access it via My Computer. I also installed Wig's toolkit on another computer where the Samsung USB driver does work and I still got the same error saying that it doesn't recognize the adb driver. Is there a problem with Wig's toolkit? Also, if it says that it installed everything successfully, why can't my computer recognize my GNex?

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark, did you try to completely close PDAnet on both your computer and your phone before trying to connect the phone to the computer?

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
On the desktop version I tried right away after I downloaded PDAnet. It didn't work. Then I restarted my computer. I just uninstalled my phone PDAnet and rebooted my phone. Nothing still. The INF error is gone so I dont understand why this still doesn't work. Like I said I rooted yesterday with Wug's kit and had no issues. It read my adb drivers fine. Now nothing. Any other ideas?

:mad::blink:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Were you able to connect and move stuff back and forth before you rooted?

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
Were you able to connect and move stuff back and forth before you rooted?

Yes. Before I rooted I transferred pics from my Gnex to my computer fine(in preparation for root), which I can still do by the way. Transferring pics from phone to computer is ok. But I was in PTP mode. Not MTP mode.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
are you able to open the "SD Card" and see the storage folders on your device from your computer?

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
are you able to open the "SD Card" and see the storage folders on your device from your computer?

No I cannot access anything from phone when I am connected via USB. Nothing comes up. I got to 'My Computer' nothing comes up in the E drive. It just remains blank.

However, I can do it on my OG Droid. I just tried it.

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
And that is in both MTP and PTP modes?

Im sorry. No. When in PTP mode, a prompt comes up for: Select the program to launch this action:

Microsoft Office Onenote
Microsoft Word
Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard

I can access pics from phone and put them on my computer. But when I try to copy pics to the "Galaxy Nexus" under "Scanners and Camera" it wont let me.

But when I switch to MTP mode I cant do anything. Is this a driver issue?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like it is.... if you go to your Device Manager are there any entries that show to have an error? (If I remember it is show by black/yellow exclamation mark over the icon... i think)