Root Explorer v. Astro

timrock

Reaction score
im using a rooted droid x. Running the stock rom. I notice that when i move pics from one folder to another using Root Explorer, and then go to gallery, the gallery will show the pics as not being moved. If i try to click on the pic, i see the thumbnail, but the pic doesnt open up. Now, if i restart my phone, and go to gallery, the pic has now been moved and there is no thumbnail.

Astro: when i did the same exact thing using astro, the pic showed up in its new folder right away, and i was able to click on it. without having to reboot the phone.

has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

t.crawford714

Reaction score
Nope, which is wierd, RE should work better than Astro because RE has write permission and Astro is a read-only. I do know how to use Astro better though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Androzip has the same issue as RE but I still use both. Have been thinking of ditching Androzip for Astro though.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I no longer use astro because root explorer does what it does and more. I don't recall ever having that problem though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
EStrongs File Explorer is an alternative to Astro and it has write access!

OP
timrock

timrock

Reaction score
I deleted and reinstalled RE and still have the same problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

t.crawford714

Reaction score
I just wanted to test it and I guess I do have that problem, it's moved in RE but in the gallery it's still in that folder.

OP
timrock

timrock

Reaction score
I just wanted to test it and I guess I do have that problem, it's moved in RE but in the gallery it's still in that folder.

glad to see im not the only one experiencing this. im trying to find a way to contact the developer, but cant find any contact information.

Last edited:

kevdog

Reaction score
Clear the gallery cache -- I'm fairly certain that will take care of it. I think this is a Gallery problem rather than a RE problem.

OP
timrock

timrock

Reaction score
If its a gallery problem, why would one file explorer work and the other not. I also use cache cleaner. How do you clean the gallery cache?
Clear the gallery cache -- I'm fairly certain that will take care of it. I think this is a Gallery problem rather than a RE problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk