1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

mounting/ unmounting sdcard

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by clark grizwald, Mar 9, 2010.

1. clark grizwald

clark grizwald New Member

usually i just mount and unmount my card from my phone and dont usually fool with turning it off on the pc side. is this ill advised??
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

My personal opinion is you should take the time to do it right, however I've seen many people say that it makes no difference. I have a mac and my mac gets upset if I don't do it right. But it doesn't seem to harm anything.
  3. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

in a word, yes.

Longer explanation, it depends. If windows is writing to the card when you pull the plug (so to speak), it could corrupt the data on the card. Also, Windows tends to cache data in memory before writing to the card, you might remove the card before the data gets a chance to be written to it. Worst case scenario is that the file system on the card gets corrupted and you lose all the data on the card. Mind you, that's unlikely, but it is a distinct possibility.
  4. blackjoker4215

blackjoker4215 New Member

I would unmount from the phone. You could possibly cause data corruption if you are transferring something. Unmounting just makes sure nothing is moving across.

Edit: Above post, beat me to it.
Search tags for this page

how to mount and unmount sd card droid bionic

how to unmont sd card from motorola

the differrnce between mounting and unmounting card

what is the difference between mounting and unmounting an sd