Motorola Teases the Wood Themed Back of the Moto X is Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-wood-tweet.png

A little over a week ago, some leaked pics revealed that the wooden back panels for the Moto X were still coming. Motorola themselves confirmed this yesterday. They Tweeted the above which indirectly teases that it will be coming soon. So far we aren't sure if the new wood themed backs which are coming to the Moto X would be real or simulated (probably simulated), but regardless of the material, they will likely be coming in the following varieties: real rosewood, ebony, teak, or bamboo.

Based upon the Tweet, it's reasonable to speculate we will see these new versions within a week. What do you guys think of the wood themed backing for the Moto X? Is it something which would entice you? If so, which one seems the most appealing?

Source: Google+ - Motorola Mobility

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Since I install wood floors, I would consider one, if I didnt have a Note-3.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
TOO LATE

I tried waiting until Black Friday for this. It didn't come. I had to buy a new phone asap, and Verizon made the note 3 for $200. That won my unlimited data upgrade (work around).

Stuff like this needs to be available to users ASAP. Not 2-3 months afterwards.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
TOO LATE

I tried waiting until Black Friday for this. It didn't come. I had to buy a new phone asap, and Verizon made the note 3 for $200. That won my unlimited data upgrade (work around).

Stuff like this needs to be available to users ASAP. Not 2-3 months afterwards.

1. You were able to get the Note 3 for 200 bucks and
2. You were able to keep your unlimited data?

edit: Nevermind. Found the postings: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...izon-galaxy-note-3-unlimited-data-glitch.html

I agree about this being too late. I just got the Moto X yesterday, holding out as long as I could waiting on the wood packaging option. The good news is that once I get the phone, I have 14 days to return it to change the options I built. Hopefully before the end of the month, the wood option will become available, and I can make that change.