Moto X Now Available in Rosewood Color

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-rosewood.png

Although it might be a bit late to think about picking up one of these, for those wanting a Moto X of the previously teased Rosewood color scheme, you can now do so. Motorola now has the Rosewood backed version of their Moto X up on their website for sale. It's a solid price of only $375 USD retail, so it is still an excellent value. Of course, with the Moto G and the Moto E out there, along with the upcoming Moto X+1, we wouldn't blame you for holding off or making a different choice.

It would have been great if Motorola could have released this "flavor" of the Moto X much closer to the original launch date, but there are still a ton of consumers out there who don't follow the tech news and have no idea what's coming out, so perhaps this version will be a decent hit for Moto. What do you think?

Here's a link to check out this new offer from Moto: Moto X by Motorola - A Google Company

B-Unit

Reaction score
Hmm, not to nitpick, but I just checked out MotoMaker, and see no Rosewood option. Additionally, your screenshot is of the Walnut variant that has been available for some time.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I shattered the screen on my beloved Moto X on Saturday. I applied for my replacement and I should have my reorder code later today. The cool thing is, if you ordered your X via motomaker you get a code that allows you to rebuild your original phone and it is sent as your free replacement. Now, if I understand correctly, any deviations from the original phone will incur the difference in price.

So, I think I'm going to go for the 32GB version in rosewood with gold accent buttons for the straight up "old school/old world" look.

Update: Awww, man... looks like I'm back to "Walnut". Rosewood and 64GB versions are supposed to be an option this summer. Both options are buried in the coding for the Motomaker page but are not available as selections. I'd also be willing to bet these options will be available for the X+1.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Its a shame they are just now releasing more schemes for the x. I love my phone but wouldn't buy it again now if I had the choice. I'd have to wait it out for the new one. Bad business practice or smart keeping sales alive? I don't know.

Sent from my DE Moto X

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Bad Business Practice.
"Rosewood! YEA! EXACTLY what I've been waiting for!" *BUY*