Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
motorola-shamu-benchmark.png

Motorola Shamu, the company's most anticipated handset has shown up on the GFX Benchmark database.

We can't really tell much from the benchmark since the results aren't complete but it's scores were fairly similar to devices with Snapdragon 801's with 1080p screens and rumors have led us to believe that the size of the screen could be anywhere from a normal 5-inches, to phablet size, like 6-inches.

So who's interested in this device? Will it be the Nexus 6? Tell us what you think!

Source: PhoneArena via TechTastic

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why is the LG G3 showing such lower scores compared to the rest? Is that a software thing or hardware thing?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Why is the LG G3 showing such lower scores compared to the rest? Is that a software thing or hardware thing?

Higher screen resolution on the G3?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it's between 5.0-5.5" I'm sold.

Actually you had it right the first time. I'm hoping they split the difference and just make it 5.3 with very little to no bezel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Higher screen resolution on the G3?

Oh ya, forgot about that. I've hard using ART gives a nice performance boost but Xposed doesn't work with ART so I'm not using it at the moment. Oh well, the phone still feels fast and I haven't ran into any issues.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Oh ya, forgot about that. I've hard using ART gives a nice performance boost but Xposed doesn't work with ART so I'm not using it at the moment. Oh well, the phone still feels fast and I haven't ran into any issues.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my G3 as well. :D

BHuber09

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3
Twitter
@BHuber09
Honestly.. Regardless of what it is im probably sold on it.. I've been saying for a few years now the day moto gets a nexus I'm going to buy it.. Screen size probably won't change that.

Note'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It will be 5.9"
Though I am sure you are right just because of the reports on it alone. But looking at how they went 4.95 last year when everyone else was heading 5.1+ I can see google going something like 5.45 or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2