Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

nexus5.png

For the last couple weeks, we’ve been bouncing around this idea of a Motorola-made Nexus 6 (codenamed Shamu), and one that could be significantly larger than either the Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 (above), moving all the way up to a solidly phablet-sized 5.9-inch display. At least, that’s what we’ve been hearing, though there hasn’t been much in the way evidence – reliable or not – to back that claim up. Today, we finally see a clear description of this hardware, but if these new details are to be trusted, it doesn’t look like Shamu will be a whale of a phone, at all.

Remember those GFXBench figures we looked at yesterday? The ones that only offered performance data, but no real specs? The listing has since been updated with device info, and according to what’s reported there, the Nexus 6 could get a 5.2-inch quad HD panel.

While the SoC isn’t spelled-out, the presence of an Adreno 420 GPU implies a Snapdragon 805. Other details include 3GB of RAM, what looks like 32GB of storage, a 12MP main camera, and a 2MP front-facer. Unsurprisingly, the software reports running Android L.

Continue reading @ PocketNow

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
After having the LG G3 for a couple weeks no, Quad HD screens are easily the most over kill item on smartphones today. There truely isn't any noticeable difference than with a 1080p phone smaller than 6 inches.

Also, 5.2 inches is a very good size.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Wow ..how's that Gnex? I still have a perfect condition one at the house ..Haha

M8 tap'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Call ! Just had to do it.

I just have to get a little more out of the GNex until I see this beauty or the Moto X+1 or whatever that will be called.

that's patience right there. I am sure the moto x+1 will pay off.
Are you going to go with the dev edition or standard?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If moto goes quad hd on this.. I hope it has a whale of a battery.. From seeing firsthand what the g3 is about.. I think a 1080 samoled screen is a better choice.. Just me.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Wow ..how's that Gnex? I still have a perfect condition one at the house ..Haha

Mine is near perfect - no scratches or scuffs on the screen or body due to screen savers and a TPU case. I use it for work and personal use. I picked it up on release day and was one of the lucky ones to get one that never has had the issues that some have had. Rommed the heck out of it so it has stayed relevant but slow by todays standards.

that's patience right there. I am sure the moto x+1 will pay off.
Are you going to go with the dev edition or standard?

Patient or stubborn?! I am thankful for the dev community who kept roms and kernels going for it.
I want to see what I think of either phone before making decisions. Nexus or Dev Edition will be what I am interested in.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry BK, I know you wanted a sizeable device, but this has me all excited. Those are some beastly specs for a Nexus device.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if it's 5.2" then I'm sold. No questions asked. Give me my new device now. And make it a Verizon model. <-- I know there's no chance in hell that it comes to Verizon, but one can always hope.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if it's 5.2" then I'm sold. No questions asked. Give me my new device now. And make it a Verizon model. <-- I know there's no chance in hell that it comes to Verizon, but one can always hope.

Unfortunately.
obviously-verizon-sucks.jpg

^no

But based on the specs it looks like it mirrors the moto x+1 rumored specs which is about right as the nexus 5 mirrored the Lg G2 somewhat.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel like this is finally what everyone has been craving for a long time now. Let's hope there's a good battery in it, it looks like they went all out with the specs so cutting corners on the battery would be very disappointing.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Mine is near perfect - no scratches or scuffs on the screen or body due to screen savers and a TPU case. I use it for work and personal use. I picked it up on release day and was one of the lucky ones to get one that never has had the issues that some have had. Rommed the heck out of it so it has stayed relevant but slow by todays standards.

Patient or stubborn?! I am thankful for the dev community who kept roms and kernels going for it.
I want to see what I think of either phone before making decisions. Nexus or Dev Edition will be what I am interested in.

+11111 to development...I was crackflashing with these boys here every day ..Haha

Sorry BK, I know you wanted a sizeable device, but this has me all excited. Those are some beastly specs for a Nexus device.

I'm okay with it ...I'd love sd card but I think it's not happening..either way I'm getting one ..

I feel like this is finally what everyone has been craving for a long time now. Let's hope there's a good battery in it, it looks like they went all out with the specs so cutting corners on the battery would be very disappointing.

Yeah ..ART should help with battery ..especially stand by time ...screen might be issue as Brandon mentioned with G3 battery ...but smaller screen might help ..

M8 tap'd

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I assume no SD slot....writers don't even address it any more - we are losing the war!

Maybe in 12 more months we'll finally be able to order a la carte (I can dream, right?).