More Details Spill Out for Shamu (aka Moto S; aka Nexus 6)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The above video is supposedly the screen protector for Motorola's upcoming phone that is codenamed "Shamu." For those who missed this one, Shamu is likely also known as the Moto S.

Earlier speculation suggested this could be the Nexus 6, but newer intel seems to go against that theory. It's possible Google plans a variant of the device that will end up as the Nexus 6, but that is simply more speculation.

On top of the screen protector shown above, we have a few details as well. Here's what is supposedly in this phone,
  • 2K display
  • Snapdragon 805 SOC
  • 13mp rear camera & 2.1mp front camera
We are holding out hope here at HQ that there will be a Nexus 6 version of this phone.

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Really, the screen protector? That is about as stupid of a 'leak' as it can get. Have we actually stooped down as low as the Apple Fanboys drooling over meaningless bits about upcoming iPhones.

Its a piece of plastic film for crying out loud! Wheres the down vote button?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with piecing the bigger picture together. Not every leak is of the entire phone.

on the move..

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
he should have placed a s5 beside it for us to see the size differences

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really, the screen protector? That is about as stupid of a 'leak' as it can get. Have we actually stooped down as low as the Apple Fanboys drooling over meaningless bits about upcoming iPhones.

Its a piece of plastic film for crying out loud! Wheres the down vote button?
LOL! If you had bothered to read the whole article, we included some hardware details, and there is a possibility this device won't be the Nexus 6 after-all. I'd say those "details" are pretty relevant. I see no reason for you to get so upset because we reported what info was available.

Did you forget your afternoon coffee my brutha? :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LOL! If you had bothered to read the whole article, we included some hardware details, and there is a possibility this device won't be the Nexus 6 after-all. I'd say those "details" are pretty relevant. I see no reason for you to get so upset because we reported what info was available.

Did you forget your afternoon coffee my brutha? :)
Actually that would have been morning coffee :p

Yeah interesting report because we went from shamu being 5.9 to 5.2 and now possibly being a Verizon variant of the x+1. Wow what a rollercoaster ride for those badly wanting a moto nexus. I think as we get closer to September we will get more facts about what is what.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Imo, as long as there's a dev edition I'm not too excited about the Nexus Line anymore. My dev edition Moto X has shown me that

Reactions: cr6