Motorola repairs

wildbill86

Reaction score
As I'm sure everyone knows these D2G's have a lot of issues. Random reeboots, slider unlock reboots, and now I receive duplicate txt messages on occasion. Has anyone on here sent their phones in to motorola for repair and did the problems come back resolved, or did things get worse?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i haven't cause i don't own a d2g but the multiple text messages on occasion i think we all get i think that's more a verizon type thing i know i sometimes get the same message from people occasionally especially when i restart my phone.

My girlfriend also sends messages and receives multiple ones a lot especially when she reboots her droid incredible which is not even rooted by the way which leads me to think it's a verizon type thing with that problem

Random reboots also are just something that happens when you start pushing the device

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
Well that answers one question, thanks for the input. I don't think I'm gonna try rooting till my warranty is up.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well if you're not rooted you probably shouldn't experience random reboots and if you did it should only be from really heavy use with maybe like the internet and what not but shouldn't be usual once you start overclocking and installing custom kernels is more when you start to experience these random reboots until you find the kernel that works well for you but in your case that's very odd that you experience random reboots

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
Like I said, moto wants me to send my phone in which means ill have to go without for a week, and I'm worried things might come back worse than before. I was hoping to find someone that has sent theirs in. If they can't fix the issues I can only hope that they will exchange the phone or something like that.

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
O, and my phone will randomly reboot when just sitting at idle under no use, not only while using services or unlocking with the slider

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea you shouldn't get reboots from sitting idle but sorry never sent any of my phones in before never had problems (knock on wood) hopefully someone sees this who has sent it in to give you some info on their experience

rusty815

Reaction score
Do you happen to use the built in task manager supplied by motorola? If you have any programs blacklisted in the task manager to be killed, that may be the source of your problem

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
Well since I'm not rooted the stock task manager is always running, and do you mean having apps set to auto close when the screen times out, yes I do, and ill try removing them all.

rusty815

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant, using a task manager in froyo can have detrimental effects to the system, which includes freezing and random reboots. I don't know why motorola included one by default on their froyo phones.

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
The only thing that I run that a lot of people don't reccomend is lookout security, that's only because I have seen it find spyware that was downloaded from market apps on friends phones, but no task killers as I read they were very bad.

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
My droid 2G had random reboots all the time when I first got it. I just thought it was from all the blur stuff going on in the background. Well my phone stopped random reboots as soon as I rooted and flashed with Fission if that helps.

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
I'm affraid to root, for fear of bricking my phone. I'm still pretty new to androids, and I've read a lot of these forums with people saying they're rooted, and have issues with normal phone functions working, like gps and such. I'm still under warranty too, so that influences my decision a lil bit also. Maybe if I had someone to explain exactly how it all works and what exactly to do. Like for example if I root and keep running the stock operating system will I have the same issues, or more, and if I change OS will all the phone functions work properly, like I said.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
My droid 2 global reboots and freezes randomly too. My biggest issue with it has been whenever I turn the phone on, it always sends about 7 or so txts from previous days to my girlfriends phone and a couple from previous week to my friends. Kinda strange cause its been doing this right out the box...for over 2 months.

sent from my droid 2 global using droidforums app

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow lots of problems i'm reading ha not good but hopefully you guys all have better input then me since i only have a d1