motorola not unlocking bionic bootloader..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No biggie for me. I don't even root, let alone install roms. Locked, unlocked, it's all the same to me.

Last edited:
OP
anwarlucas

anwarlucas

Reaction score
Its not even about rooting or custom roms anymore, its the fact that Motorola blatantly shows no support for the bionic and its owners.. no official ics update, now no unlock for it's boatloader.

It's like this device is just worthless now.. they made it, tried to fix it for a while, did not succeed now drop it..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's like this device is just worthless now.

My phone does exactly what I expect it to do. I can make calls, go to the Droid Forum, Facebook or get info off the internet. I can play games and watch movies. Not exactly useless.

If I want ICS I can install a leak.

But that's me. When I had my OG Droid I ran it unrooted and pretty much stock. At the end of my contract I'll get another phone (and won't look to see if the bootloader is locked or not).

Lesson learned. If you want an unlocked bootloader in a new phone, get one that's unlocked, not one that'll be unlocked "in the future."

Last edited:

DoctorV

Reaction score
My phone does exactly what I expect it to do. I can make calls, go to the Droid Forum, Facebook or get info off the internet. I can play games and watch movies. Not exatly useless.

Shut up! You're phone is useless. Throw it away and immediately and begin resenting Motorola this instant!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
My phone does exactly what I expect it to do. I can make calls, go to the Droid Forum, Facebook or get info off the internet. I can play games and watch movies. Not exatly useless.

If I want ICS I can install a leak.

But that's me. When I had my OG Droid I ran it unrooted and pretty much stock. At the end of my contract I'll get another phone. I know others will to.

Lesson learned. If you want an unlocked bootloader in a new phone, get one that's unlocked, not one that'll be unlocked "in the future."

I agree! I on the other hand will not own a android phone that isn't rooted. I don't install roms anymore but the bionic is awesome imo.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter me... I can call text. Its a fast phone soooo im fine. Im not complaining

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

welsalex

Reaction score
I have had zero hope it would be unlocked. I love how they didn't outright say it wouldn't, instead they use the tricky comment "not currently in the plan" It says no but keeps us on the hook thinking MAYBE THERES A CHANCE!... Stupid

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
welsalex said:
I have had zero hope it would be unlocked. I love how they didn't outright say it wouldn't, instead they use the tricky comment "not currently in the plan" It says no but keeps us on the hook thinking MAYBE THERES A CHANCE!... Stupid

That's messed up if you ask me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I couldn't care less if they unlock it or not.
My phone is working flawlessly and 'official' ICS isn't too far away.

I'm on .232 and I might not even update to the OTA just because my phone is working so well.. I don't know that it would be worth it to FXZ back to 905 just to be 'stock' again.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I'm not buying another motorola device, or recommending one until "Motorola" provides an unlock tool for my Bionic! I don't care if it's Verizon's decision or not.

I only bought the damn device because of the media statement Motorola provided that bootloaders would be unlocked in the future. Their statement came after other companies announced unlock tools. Motorola knew they'd miss out on sales if they didn't match the new sales pitch!

I learned my lesson and I know I'm not alone!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The only Moto phone I'll buy on VZW again is a Moto Nexus phone. Any other VZW Moto phone is not ever going to be unlocked.