Motorola is Buying Up RAZR Domains; Impending Foray Into the Personal Shaver Biz?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-logo-final.png

If this news isn't confirmation of the rumors that Motorola plans on resurrecting the RAZR brand, then they must be getting into the shaving business. According to reports, Motorola has been snapping up every RAZR domain they can get their hands on. Here's a list of just some of the domains they have recently acquired:
Apparently, they are buying the domains through Corporation Service Company, which is a brand protection service. If it turns out that Moto really does come out with a marriage of Droid and RAZR, then they should give a big fat raise to whomever came up with that idea, because it's brilliant! Of course, if it turns out to be just another feature phone without Android, then that would be a huge let-down...

Source: PhanDroid

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the replacement blades are cheaper than what they cost me for my Gillette; sign me up.

You can get them really cheap for the non-Verizon variant, but if you want that good coverage, it is going to cost ya...

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha, anyone have a Motorola RAZR back in the day?

motorola-razr-v3i-v3t.jpg

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yulp, had a black one, and when I started getting a really bad buzz when you moved the hinge wrong, I "Insurance Claimed" myself to a silver one... a few months later, I got the same crappy "hinge buzz" and had to go elsewhere.

What I loved about that "hinge buzz" was that the person you were talking to could hear it too. So anytime I was talking to someone and heard it, I'd say "You're on a Moto Razr, aren't you?" and they would always ask "How did you know???"

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^I was at a VZW store back in the day trying to decide which phone to buy. I grabbed the Razr and the salesguy shook his head "no". He said that is the most returned phone they carry, nothing but problems etc. So I got the Moto E815 and loved it!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everytime I see these stories I wish I had owned icloud.com...heard apple paid some swiss company $4.6M to acquire that domain from them haha...time to start scooping up all the "i"domains I can think of so Apple can come to me for talks

James9109

Reaction score
Oh my...................... I remember everyone back in the day thinking these were cool. Never did have one because every single one had a ****ty battery after awhile.