Motorola Droid X2 Update?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking about gb, more of a system version update or something small with bug fixes? I was messing with the one they had on display and it did have differences, different animations for example..

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I hope the update is only that bug fixes, not necessarily GB.
I've read a lot about GB that is maybe not to like but, meh.

Of course I say this now but when the OTA comes out with GB or not and I'll still down load it.

masters

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking about gb, more of a system version update or something small with bug fixes? I was messing with the one they had on display and it did have differences, different animations for example..

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I hope the update is only that bug fixes, not necessarily GB.
I've read a lot about GB that is maybe not to like but, meh.

Of course I say this now but when the OTA comes out with GB or not and I'll still down load it.

Gingerbread on a D1 was nice.. It handles memory better and has some updates that the dual core should like. It's not any major update but I like the tweaks.. I even like how it turned on and off and the keyboard..

masters

Reaction score
I miss some of the Gingerbread cosmetic features, like turning off when you scroll to the top or bottom it shows you. I also like the GB Keyboard..

I REALLY hope they put in Swype 3 since I cant seem to get the beta installed even though i'm in the beta...

funkapple

Reaction score
as said in the xda forums by terrapin69 thought someone might be interested

I have a X2 running the following specs:

system version: 1.3.231.MB870.VERIZON.EN.US

MODEL NUMBER: DROID X2

ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.3

BASEBAND: N_03.13.28SU

KERNEL: 2.6.32.9-00003-GB6084D9
MGR374@NJ05INXDROID05 #2

BUILD: 4.5.1A-DTN-117-14

ERI: 5

PRL: 52341

I tried gingerbreak to no avail - just kept "rooting" - so i figured I would need to flash the SBF made available today, which I tried to do - But RSDLITE works for about 2-3 minutes then gives me an error stating something about failure to load INI file.

any ideas? why can't I 1. Root with my current ROM and 2. Flash the device to the 2.2?

funkapple

Reaction score
I wonder if that 2.3.3 was mistyped? He needs to post a screen shot of that!

Well you'll also notice that the system version and kernel are all newer too not saying its proof but unless he meant to fool us it looks legit and im not entirely sure he even knew what was going on when he posted he was just having problems rooting

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1141640 heres the thread, dont have my hopes too high, but if it turns out to be true it would be cool. cool enough to follow

Elite49

Reaction score
Yea we need a pic or something. Also this should of been posted as its own thread to get more attention. Most people might think this topic is just a bunch of people talking about if its possible or what they want fixed... if they don't go past the first page.