Motorola Droid X2 Update?

xgrinder911

Reaction score
I took my phone to Verizon because I was having issues yet again and the
Manager of the store said my phone was not up to date? I was wondering if anyone knew about this? Or does he just not know what he's talking about?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Zetsumei

Reaction score
There is no update for the X2, guy is just trying to brush you off. Lot of reps do that cause if they don't make $$ from you their care torrent is 0%.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I dont have the revolution, but i do have a droid 2 global. I really like my cell phone but it reboots itself a lot.

Offtopic..... Again....

The only update I would think of is the gb update, but I would think the X2 comes with that stock on the phone.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Elkay

Reaction score
I dont have the revolution, but i do have a droid 2 global. I really like my cell phone but it reboots itself a lot.

Offtopic..... Again....

The only update I would think of is the gb update, but I would think the X2 comes with that stock on the phone.

No, it doesn't. X2 comes with Froyo and it's been stated that GB won't be released for the X2 for at least a few months.

igknight

Reaction score
When I upgraded to the X2 the VZW guy told me it had GB on it. I knew better, but didn't push it.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. X2 comes with Froyo and it's been stated that GB won't be released for the X2 for at least a few months.

Well then theres your answer haha. If you want you can upgrade. But idk if it'll solve your problems. It might just create more.

Elkay

Reaction score

Well then theres your answer haha. If you want you can upgrade. But idk if it'll solve your problems. It might just create more.

Upgrade? What are you talking about? There is *NO* Gingerbread for the DX2 currently, neither from Motorola nor from any devs. Right now, Froyo is your ONLY option.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Moto tier 2 tech I was working with yesterday stated," we're working hard on getting the the DROID X Gingrtbread updates as quickly as possible at which point we will be initiating the updates for the DROID X2's"...

TreFiDDy

Reaction score

Upgrade? What are you talking about? There is *NO* Gingerbread for the DX2 currently, neither from Motorola nor from any devs. Right now, Froyo is your ONLY option.

My bad ha I sent that when I was half asleep.

Elite49

Reaction score
Well we can get a Motorola phone update and not just Android Updates right?

Elkay

Reaction score
Moto tier 2 tech I was working with yesterday stated," we're working hard on getting the the DROID X Gingrtbread updates as quickly as possible at which point we will be initiating the updates for the DROID X2's"...

Except that the Droid X1 Gingerbread has been out for a while now. Apparently they're having problems with the dual-core processors and Gingerbread.

the3dolla

Reaction score
I think that all he meant is that your *228 option 2 out of date. Meaning your tower roaming needs to be "updated"

OP
xgrinder911

xgrinder911

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking about gb, more of a system version update or something small with bug fixes? I was messing with the one they had on display and it did have differences, different animations for example..