Motorola Droid X Case Reviews!

Warner

Reaction score
So no one has tried the leather belt holster straight from Verizon? Or does it have a magnet in it which is why everyone is avoiding it?

I prefer belt clips for my phones. I've never had a lot of luck keeping a phone in my pocket. It always falls out. I'm ordering my X tomorrow and would like to get SOMETHING to hold it with it until Seido gets their accessories out.

I suppose I'll go with a silicone case and put it in my pocket for now but I'd really like a belt holster.

I'm using the Verizon branded leather belt case and love it. No issues with it whatsoever. I can't believe Verizon would sell a case specifically designed for one of their phones that would damage the phone.

Warner

Glad to hear it! Does it use a magnet to keep the flap down? The only concern with the magnet is it switches the phone to docking mode and leaves the screen on, killing battery life.

It does NOT keep the screen on for me. I have the screen facing my hip (as oppoosed to facing out). I don't know if that makes any difference or not, but it is NOT making my phone go into docked mode.

Warner

Goalier95

Reaction score
Got the Verizon Leather pouch made for the DX as well, and no problems either. I have the screen facing out and it doesn't turn on the screen into dock mode. Well designed product, great stitching and fits the DX just perfectly - not too snug or too loose. Highly recommended.

garath

Reaction score
I'm using the Verizon branded leather belt case and love it. No issues with it whatsoever. I can't believe Verizon would sell a case specifically designed for one of their phones that would damage the phone.

Warner

Glad to hear it! Does it use a magnet to keep the flap down? The only concern with the magnet is it switches the phone to docking mode and leaves the screen on, killing battery life.

It does NOT keep the screen on for me. I have the screen facing my hip (as oppoosed to facing out). I don't know if that makes any difference or not, but it is NOT making my phone go into docked mode.

Warner

Got the Verizon Leather pouch made for the DX as well, and no problems either. I have the screen facing out and it doesn't turn on the screen into dock mode. Well designed product, great stitching and fits the DX just perfectly - not too snug or too loose. Highly recommended.

Perfect. Looks like I'll be ordering the leather case with my phone. Thanks for the input guys :)

Warner

Reaction score

Warner

Perfect. Looks like I'll be ordering the leather case with my phone. Thanks for the input guys :)

No problem....glad to help. These forums are great. I'm new to Android, although not super new to smartphones. Android is SO MUCH better than Windows Mobile it's not even funny.

Warner

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had a metal Innopocket case for my old Palm. Have just upgraded to the Droid X, and now I don't see any decent cases, nor any reviews in this whole thread indicating what I consider a good case (my metal case is full of nicks, dents, and scratches, but the the Treo keeps on working and looks still new despite dozens of crashes onto concrete, down stairs, etc.) I sent an email to the Innopocket guys asking if they were planning on a metal sleeve case for the DX (they have one for the iPhone) and am awaiting a reply.

In the meantime, I have this crappy plastic two piece shell one that Verizon included as part of their intro package, and I am terrified of dropping the unit and destroying it. Are any other cases out there:

1. Highly protective
2. The phone is always in it (I drop out of my own hands sometimes)
3. The case can hook onto your belt, some kind of two-piece arrangement

Anyone seen or found anything like this yet?
I think you should stick with the crappy plastic two piece until Seidio and Otterbox release something. Otterbox cases are GREAT. They are made REALLY well and their main focus is protection. I had a Commuter for my Droid and it was great, I miss it. :( I bought a two piece snap on thing at Verizon for $20 until Otterbox/Seidio are done.

omnicious

Reaction score
What cases would you guys recommend for having as small a lip as possible around the screen?

klh6977

Reaction score
Body Glove snap on case

I bought the Body Glove snap on case on 7/15 when I bought the phone bc I was looking for a way to attach it to me. (belt clip, whatever)
I am going to be returning it. This is already a large phone and adding this case makes the phone look and feel monstrous. It is very durable and easy to grip and the belt clip swivels nicely. But I also bought the car mount and this case is near impossible for me to get off without fear of breaking it. This is a good thing if you aren't looking to dock it bc you know it won't come apart easily. So it is a personal preference thing. For me, it makes the phone way too bulky.

I have bought the Zagg full body shield and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I used one on my blackberry and it was great. Takes time and patience to apply but worth it in the end. Very durable with lifetime guarantee.

I also purchased a Golla pouch that has a belt loop, carabiner clip, and neck lanyard. The specs on the site I bought it from short changed the length of the pouch which closes with velcro. However, I will be visiting my local fabric store to buy a small piece of iron on velcro to rig to fasten securely.
Golla designer and design cell phone bags, pouches and Laptop cases
Bag #G741 (says 5" but the flap barely makes it to the existing velcro if jam the phone in the pouch.
I like the pouch itself so a dollar or two for a piece of velcro is an easy fix.
:byeBB:

watty

Reaction score
What cases would you guys recommend for having as small a lip as possible around the screen?

Enter your location

The high gloss silicone has a low lip, but just enough so it helps protect the screen from touching a flat surface directly.

I love it!

I got the black version of this case and I really loved it at first... until I realized it covered the volume and camera button. With the case on you have to push extremely hard (making your hands move when snapping).

I cut a fairly big hole where the camera button is and now it's tolerable. I went ahead and bought a Zagg to install everywhere but the screen (I don't want screen to be tacky).

omnicious

Reaction score

Enter your location

The high gloss silicone has a low lip, but just enough so it helps protect the screen from touching a flat surface directly.

I love it!

I got the black version of this case and I really loved it at first... until I realized it covered the volume and camera button. With the case on you have to push extremely hard (making your hands move when snapping).

I cut a fairly big hole where the camera button is and now it's tolerable. I went ahead and bought a Zagg to install everywhere but the screen (I don't want screen to be tacky).
That seems like a deal breaker quality to me. Funny it isn't fully compatible with the Droid X even though it's sold by Verizon.