Motorola Droid Returned

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its funny, I just posted recently that my Droid was made in march or april of this year. I have none of the reception or call quality issue u had. That could be something to look into.

And I heard LG make good quality phones too. Hell, I still have my old motorola E815 cuz it had excellent reception and call quality. And I had the omnia 1 (another smartphone) and it had better battery life than my Droid. But, gps was locked, reception and call quality sucked eggs. The touch screen was a joke.And it couldn't do 1/3 the stuff the moto droid could. And I'm like you, if I my phone has bad reception and call quality, its going back.

That being said, my Droid is still here...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pyro6128

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

I was considering a Moto Droid or HTC Incredible, but I think I'd like a more reliable phone. I'd like to be able to do a little web browsing and texting and this phone seems more up my alley. Does it do GPS?

You're welcome -- you can browse and text but no GPS. Droid Navigate killed my battery in ~3 hours so no big loss. .

Thats simply a fallacy. Nothing personal by any means. The person asks if the phone does gps. You said no. Thats not true. Even beyond that though, since I assume (through context) that you meant it doesnt do gps well, that is also not true. As I stated before I can leave my gps enabled all day and get really good battery life. If you're in your car using navigation, then not only do you have the gps running, but your screen is on the whole time. And it is a well known fact that one of the biggest culprits in regards to droid battery usage is that display. So keeping your display on for 3 hours is going to drain your battery hard. Combine that with the fact that you are using gps, and whatever other apps are running in the background, and of course your battery is going to drain. But to say the droid doesn't do GPS at all, or well, is not true. Again, nothing personal, just trying to keep information accurate.

OP
Mule65

Mule65

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

I was considering a Moto Droid or HTC Incredible, but I think I'd like a more reliable phone. I'd like to be able to do a little web browsing and texting and this phone seems more up my alley. Does it do GPS?

You're welcome -- you can browse and text but no GPS. Droid Navigate killed my battery in ~3 hours so no big loss. .

Thats simply a fallacy. Nothing personal by any means. The person asks if the phone does gps. You said no. Thats not true. Even beyond that though, since I assume (through context) that you meant it doesnt do gps well, that is also not true. As I stated before I can leave my gps enabled all day and get really good battery life. If you're in your car using navigation, then not only do you have the gps running, but your screen is on the whole time. And it is a well known fact that one of the biggest culprits in regards to droid battery usage is that display. So keeping your display on for 3 hours is going to drain your battery hard. Combine that with the fact that you are using gps, and whatever other apps are running in the background, and of course your battery is going to drain. But to say the droid doesn't do GPS at all, or well, is not true. Again, nothing personal, just trying to keep information accurate.

That was a reply to another poster who asked about about my Env2 phone.

pyro6128

Reaction score

That was a reply to another poster who asked about about my Env2 phone.

Well if that is the case and the person was referring to an env2 then I apologize. However, it doesn't make what I said not true, just in the wrong context.