Motorola Droid force closing

thethinker1995

Reaction score
My motorola droid keeps force closing on Messaging, Home Screen. Gallery ( Which is Rare) and Brower. I use to have a Task killer app i deleted it because of the force closing that was happing and my phone would reboot randomly. I am using an app called Handcent Sms which works better then the Messaging app that came with my phone. I was thinking of doing a hard reset but i don't want to loose my apps or my contacts! Do i need a new phone? I'm also having problems with my battery. I have 4 hour battery and sometimes 3 hour battery which is really wierd.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My motorola droid keeps force closing on Messaging, Home Screen. Gallery ( Which is Rare) and Brower. I use to have a Task killer app i deleted it because of the force closing that was happing and my phone would reboot randomly. I am using an app called Handcent Sms which works better then the Messaging app that came with my phone. I was thinking of doing a hard reset but i don't want to loose my apps or my contacts! Do i need a new phone? I'm also having problems with my battery. I have 4 hour battery and sometimes 3 hour battery which is really wierd.

I think a factory data reset is in order for your Droid, not a hard reset. Do it out of the privacy section of your settings. You may lose your free apps but your paid apps will all be waiting for you in your downloads in the Market. This is a Google phone, you have a gmail account. Contacts are backed up by gmail. You will need to log back into google when your phone restarts.

If you use it a lot you may only have a few hours battery life. Get a battery, another charger like a plug in wall charger to take care of that for you. Use a docking station to plug your Droid in when not in use. All of this can be purchased for around 45.00. The docking station is the most expensive.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forums here!

Is your phone rooted or is it stock?

If you want to do the factory reset your apps will vanish but should auto download again. If you want to make sure then you can get Astro for free from the market and use that to back up your installation programs. Data associated with the apps will be gone though.

Your contacts should already be in sync. A reset would lose them so this issue should be solved first. How long have you had your phone and have your contacts never been in sync?

OP
T

thethinker1995

Reaction score
Well i use to have a LG Voyger and then i got the moto Droid last Easter or some were around that time. It was a long time ago. Only proubley like 4 of my contacts were sycned. Should i right them all down and Syc them agian? My Moto Droid is not rooted.

radpadsad

Reaction score

I think a factory data reset is in order for your Droid, not a hard reset. Do it out of the privacy section of your settings. You may lose your free apps but your paid apps will all be waiting for you in your downloads in the Market. This is a Google phone, you have a gmail account. Contacts are backed up by gmail. You will need to log back into google when your phone restarts.

If you use it a lot you may only have a few hours battery life. Get a battery, another charger like a plug in wall charger to take care of that for you. Use a docking station to plug your Droid in when not in use. All of this can be purchased for around 45.00. The docking station is the most expensive.
My phone does the same exact same thing i still dont no wat to do but the factory resets do no help, i haft to keep wiping all my data and then do a reboot, and then after a few hours it will say process android acore has stoped. i dont no wat to do?:icon_eek:

S

SEGA

I think a factory data reset is in order for your Droid, not a hard reset. Do it out of the privacy section of your settings. You may lose your free apps but your paid apps will all be waiting for you in your downloads in the Market.

After the update, 99.9% of apps downloaded are now stored in the market place.

So after a factory reset, just go into Market Place and everything is their already re-downloading.

Just found this out after my factory reset a yesterday.