Motorola Droid - Exchange Server Questions

ddr

Reaction score
Anybody losing their information with exchange? I had to redo email exchange settings 3 times yesterday.

diloreto

Reaction score
Outlook exchange task / notes sync

Anyone w/ app for syncing Outlook tasks and notes from exchange server?

Also can email history be changed to more than one month?

Have had no problems setting up connections but would like to add these.

Thanks in advance...

Bob

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Thanks in advance...

Bob

Have you tried using Touchdown?

dean.collins

Reaction score

Thanks in advance...

Bob

Have you tried using Touchdown?

Touchdown does Tasks but NOT notes.

Also i changed my email to 30 days and hit save and it didn't reject it....though i also didn't try to sync, i get a ton of email so 30 days might have wiped out the entire card but looks like it should work.

Send the Nitro guys an email to ask them about Notes as i'd also liek to synch notes.

ntaylor

Reaction score
Send the Nitro guys an email to ask them about Notes as i'd also liek to synch notes.
Exchange ActiveSync won't do notes, period -- it is a server side issue; no mobile exchange client (e.g. iphone, windows mobile) will do it. Maybe if they leverage OWA somehow?

diloreto

Reaction score
thanks a bunch...will cc to my IT guy (we also have a large medical group in Michigan that is evolving away from Crackberries - this will be very helpful as our "global address" list does not show up in droid)

Bob

trekuhl

Reaction score
using both activesync and native gmail sync on droid, when i create a new contact it pushes to exchange but not gmail. was hoping it pushes both ways. not really anything on under "accounts and sync settings" to specify which way to sync or even force gmail to be default sync. preferably like to create a contact on phone and have it push to both.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So for Touchdown to work, you NEED ActiveSync to be enabled?

Our servers use OWA, I was told by the IT Nazi that they don't run Activesync...I receive everything just fine with Touchdown...

The only people in my company the "officially" get email on a mobile device are BB's....

fjhiii

Reaction score
I was wondering if you think that the Push setting for my work email is draining my battery? According to my battery usage chart, it is not. However, when I open the corporate email program I constantly see the circle on the top right of the application starting and stopping non stop.

Does everyone's do this when it is set to push?

Undecided

Reaction score
I have been holding off purchasing my Droid until I saw a clear answer as to whether it would work for a Corporate Raider / Road Warrior who uses Outlook mobile (e-mail in real-time, calendar, task, and contact management) like a champ. My company does use an Exchange Server.

I love all the things I've seen I can do with the Droid, but without the ability to do the above, THIS Droid would be nothing more than a toy for me.

Can the Droid do what I need, or must I refrain from indulging until another Android is released?

fishepa

Reaction score
I was wondering if you think that the Push setting for my work email is draining my battery? According to my battery usage chart, it is not. However, when I open the corporate email program I constantly see the circle on the top right of the application starting and stopping non stop.

Does everyone's do this when it is set to push?

That happens to me sometimes too. I just reboot the phone and it stops doing that. I'm not sure if it eats up battery life or not.

fishepa

Reaction score
I have been holding off purchasing my Droid until I saw a clear answer as to whether it would work for a Corporate Raider / Road Warrior who uses Outlook mobile (e-mail in real-time, calendar, task, and contact management) like a champ. My company does use an Exchange Server.

I love all the things I've seen I can do with the Droid, but without the ability to do the above, THIS Droid would be nothing more than a toy for me.

Can the Droid do what I need, or must I refrain from indulging until another Android is released?

It doesn't sync tasks natively with Exchange, but if you purchase a program called Touchdown I believe it syncs Tasks as well as all the other stuff, email, calendar,etc.

Undecided

Reaction score

It doesn't sync tasks natively with Exchange, but if you purchase a program called Touchdown I believe it syncs Tasks as well as all the other stuff, email, calendar,etc.
As long there is a way that I will not lose any functionality by switching from a Windows Mobile device to the Droid, then I am happy. It matters not to me whether it is a native solution or not...