Motorola Droid - Exchange Server Questions

Droid-tester

Reaction score
long time reader, first time posting
I've look everywhere and can't find the answer to this so I was wondering if anyone on this forum might know the answer. I'm switching from a blackberry to Droid. I have activesync running great on the droid, the only problem is push email doesn't always push email on time. I would say 70% of the email would come in quick but the other 30%, the email won't come in until I'm actually go to the mail app and then email would start to flow in again. I've use nitrodesk touchdown thinking it might be just the builtin mail from android but touchdown has the same problem. Any help or suggestion would be great. I'm currently running exchange 2003 sp2. I would very much like to switch out of my blackberry to a Droid but without having this issue resolve, I can't.

fjhiii

Reaction score
long time reader, first time posting
I've look everywhere and can't find the answer to this so I was wondering if anyone on this forum might know the answer. I'm switching from a blackberry to Droid. I have activesync running great on the droid, the only problem is push email doesn't always push email on time. I would say 70% of the email would come in quick but the other 30%, the email won't come in until I'm actually go to the mail app and then email would start to flow in again. I've use nitrodesk touchdown thinking it might be just the builtin mail from android but touchdown has the same problem. Any help or suggestion would be great. I'm currently running exchange 2003 sp2. I would very much like to switch out of my blackberry to a Droid but without having this issue resolve, I can't.

I notice the same thing and it is annoying. Another observation that I had is that my 1,000 plus contacts is causing the phone to constanstly sync.

SgS180

Reaction score
Hope I'm posting the right section, and sorry I don't mean to thread jack.

Is it possible to push individual Exchange folders on the Droid? I have a client that only needs his inbox pushed, and it seems that you either have the whole mailbox pushed or none at all. I have an iPhone, and on it you can choose what folders to be pushed, and I didn't see any similar options on the Droid. This is the first time I've dealt with the Droid(only had about 5mins to play around with it), so I'm not too familiar with it.

Droid-tester

Reaction score
Yes I believe you can select the folder you want to sync. If you want to just sync the inbox, the device can do that.

fjhiii

Reaction score
Another observation that I had is that my 1,000 plus contacts is causing the phone to constanstly sync.
Do you need all 1,000 on the Droid?

I don't know how one would pick and choose the contacts to carry on their phone. They are all business contacts that I have communicated with on various projects. I would be SOL if I were on the road and needed that one contact that I didn't chose to sync with my phone.

fjhiii

Reaction score
Yes I believe you can select the folder you want to sync. If you want to just sync the inbox, the device can do that.

Would you do that from the server side or the device side? In looking at the device side, I did not see the option to select what folders to sync.

Droid-tester

Reaction score
It is on the device side, once you're in the email icon and in your inbox, hit the list icon (the one between the home and the back button on the bottom), folder icon should be there to let you select which folder you want to sync. Hope that helps.

SgS180

Reaction score
It is on the device side, once you're in the email icon and in your inbox, hit the list icon (the one between the home and the back button on the bottom), folder icon should be there to let you select which folder you want to sync. Hope that helps.

Thanks I will try that out!

CrumleyIT

Reaction score
MobileAdmin tool

I have a Droid with my Exchange email successfully installed and syncing just fine. i am testing MES Mobile Admin tool (Remote Wipe feature) to delete emails just in case the device gets lost or stolen but it will not delete the emails. The "Block" feature works great (in which no new emails sync) but the "Delete" feature is what I really need to work. Does anyone have any ideas on this??

gloster

Reaction score
My Droid seems to synch very well with our corporate Exchange server. Our IT group does run active sync. Besides getting synch'ed tasks, what benefits would I get from Touchdown? Thanks.

pdxrealtor

Reaction score
I've read through this thread, but have yet to read anything about how attachments are handled.

Can you open, save, forward attachments using the corp. email?

gloster

Reaction score
I've read through this thread, but have yet to read anything about how attachments are handled.

I can do all of the above. I purchased Documents To Go full version so I can edit and save. But even with the free version, you can open attachments.

fjhiii

Reaction score

You can't forward attachments WITHOUT saving the attachment to the phone first and then attaching it to the email that you want to send.