Motorola Droid - Exchange Server Questions

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah when i saw it, i figured that's what you had to have done. My opinion is that if BB doesn't make support for BB connect, you won't be seeing another option.

xjman349

Reaction score
Yeah i agree. I like BB better but we have had a lot of people switching for this launch. There is also a huge groups of business that are getting the Droid for their company phones kinda cool.

deltadroid

Reaction score
I'm confused, probably because I don't understand BIS and BES terminology.

If I work for a company that provides support for Exchange Server support through its servers, would my data fee for a Droid be $30 or $45?

Also, on a slightly different note, is the e-mail from my Exchange Server that is stored on the Droid stored in an encrypted format?

Thanks!

dean.collins

Reaction score
I'm confused, probably because I don't understand BIS and BES terminology.

If I work for a company that provides support for Exchange Server support through its servers, would my data fee for a Droid be $30 or $45?

Also, on a slightly different note, is the e-mail from my Exchange Server that is stored on the Droid stored in an encrypted format?

Thanks!

Your data fee will be $30.

Your Droid will just be pulling 'data' from over the internet from your companies exchange server as long as your company is running activesync.

And no your emails wont be encrypted on the device (albeit you can password protect it).

Cheers,
Dean

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The unlimited data plan so far on all other PDA / Smartphones is set at 44.99. I don't think they are changing it just for the droid.

dean.collins

Reaction score
well according to New2u you will be paying $44.99

when i called customer support yesterday their answer was $29.99 - I guess on Friday we'll know.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have corrected this on other postings, but there is mass confusion on what the pricing was set to, everything stated from verizon HQ states also that it would cost only 30 unless verizon is hosting your exchange.

Though they are not very clear in any way, shape or form on their site what the differences are. I wouldn't doubt seeing many unsuspecting people get pawned off on a higher plan then they need.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have corrected this on other postings, but there is mass confusion on what the pricing was set to, everything stated from verizon HQ states also that it would cost only 30 unless verizon is hosting your exchange.

Though they are not very clear in any way, shape or form on their site what the differences are. I wouldn't doubt seeing many unsuspecting people get pawned off on a higher plan then they need.

I have personally seen that happen here at work :mad:

deltadroid

Reaction score
I work for a health-care organization and data security on Microsoft Exchange Server connected devices is critical. Without capabilities such as enforced password requirements, phone locking and remote wipe capabilities, we cannot connect devices.

Any thoughts, advice or, from Motorola, Verizon or Google/Android developers, regarding addition to Andoird/Droid or identification of them on the phone, if I've missed them, of these features?

Shaun26

Reaction score
Exchange Server Set-up help

Just got the new Droid and love it. I am having problems with my work email on the exchange server. It was set-up properly as my calender is synched with the server, but I do not receive emails or if I try to send it just sits in my outbox.

Any ideas?

keiichi25

Reaction score
DeltaDroid - That may be a future update that is in the works. At the moment, none of us have heard any 'for sure' on it at the moment, but keep an eye out like the rest of us.

Shaun26 - Check with your IT department and see what version of Exchange they are on and also whether or not if they are requiring PIN security. If they are, there might be an issue as Droid does not currently support PIN security.

mtmartin71

Reaction score
Problems connecting to my Exchange Server

Liking the phone except for one huge issue...no exchange connectivity to my company servers! My Motorola Q connected just fine. My Apple iTouch connects just fine. I went into the mail program on the Droid and tried to set up a mail account through the native program with the same exact domain, user name, password, server address, and SSL check box. When I attempted this, I get a message that says "Setup could not finish...Unable to open connection to server." This message comes up almost immediately so it seems like something my Exchange server doesn't like about the way the Droid is querying it. What's interesting is that if I uncheck the SSL box, then it goes through the process but it can't pull any email, calendar, or contact information. So, it seems as if there is some issue with the SSL certificate. Thoughts?