Motorola Droid email issues

jeffie7

Reaction score
I just got my droid. I'm coming from a black berry. I also have issues with e-mail. either I never get them or even more annoying. When I send e-mail it doesnt make it. Yesterday I sent out 3 e-mails to my wife like 2pm 4pm and 6pm and she ended up getting every one at the same time around 7pm.

Im using a comcast.net e-mail address. I'm going to try using gmail but there clearly is an issue here.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My email server is everyone.net. Although gmail is on this phone, I do not use it. I have had the same experience with deleted mail coming back, but my real concern is the emails not coming in.

I suppose the next time this problem occurs I can try the task killer approach. Very disappointing to have such a sophisticated phone and have such a basic issue. The whole reason for going to a smartphone was for email access. Arghh.

I just got my droid. I'm coming from a black berry. I also have issues with e-mail. either I never get them or even more annoying. When I send e-mail it doesnt make it. Yesterday I sent out 3 e-mails to my wife like 2pm 4pm and 6pm and she ended up getting every one at the same time around 7pm.

Im using a comcast.net e-mail address. I'm going to try using gmail but there clearly is an issue here.

I would suggest to both of you to download K-9 Mail (free) in the Market. I couldn't find much about everyone.net and there are many people having issues with Comcast. Everyone who uses K-9 swears by it. Hope that helps you!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hinky Email

Droid has hinky email. It is worse than the blackberry and worse than the iPhone.

gmail: google has been having outages. maybe it'll be better tomorrow. If you expect gmail to be instantaneously delivered to your phone, then you get your wish about 92% of the time. The other 8% is another story..

As far as other email accounts, there are many potential problems. DO NOT USE THE STOCK EMAIL CLIENT. Use K9 from the market to give yourself a fighting chance.

Threepio

Reaction score
google better be working on this to resolve this issue. becuase when i had my blackberry, my gmail account always got sent to it instantaneously. now im using a google made device and my gmail is delayed and not coming right away....cmon google.

Keef

Reaction score
Help with email

I am a neophyte (1 week). I get new emails timely with correct sender and reference line, but when I open the email, it is the text from another, older email.

The 1st time this happened I manipulated a bunch of settings, rebooted, etc. and the problem resolve (probably as a result of nothing that I did), but the problem has returned.

dsigrist

Reaction score
I have a problem where my IMAP process duplicates my corporate email data base of more than 20,000 messages (it synchs up the subject folders as well as inbox, sent, delete, junk, etc.)

I do not want to have all 20,000 messages from my server on my phone (I do want them on my PC). Since there is no date filter, I cannot limit the mail to the last 10 days as is done on the Blackberry. Does Verizon really want to exclude the hundreds of thousands of business user because they cannot limit the mail to the last 10 days in IMAP.

The GMail solution will not work for many reasons. The originator email address is gone, your reply address is now GMail, and now way to delete read messages from the original email data base.

Limbermind

Reaction score
Just for another data point:

I use Gmail and Corporate Mail on my Droid. They both get strange occasionally for short spells, but they always recover. Most events seem to last just minutes, and I've had less than 5 of them.

I get my mail from the Exchange server in 1-5 seconds. I get my mail from Gmail in 5-15 seconds.

I have been running this way since purchase....~8weeks.

Droid is stock, running OTA 2.1. Only a few installed apps, most would be considered "tame". No task killer.

Be happy to help anyone that thinks an answer can be found in my setup.

Christobal

Reaction score
Logged in this morning to see if anyone else was having a G-mail issue. My Droid isn't picking up new G-mails without a manual refresh. Kinda noticed it yesterday afternoon, but confirmed it this morning. Tried a reboot/battery pull, but no luck. I'm surprised to see that people started reporting this problem 2 weeks ago.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If gmail requires manual refresh:
- doublecheck all settings to insure sync is on for that account
- don't use an automated task killer
- do phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > gmail storage > clear data

Stock email client is a POS. Don't use it. Use k9.

If k9 requires manual refresh, you may want to download their latest beta build available on their google code site.

Under 2.01 gmail app, k9, etc. would sometimes stop syncing/polling because of problems with certain wifi routers. I ended up not using wifi and my problems went away. Now, with 2.1 I use wifi no problem.

One more thing I just read about in another thread. If mail is there but no alarm was sounded it may be because the droid was in a deep sleep. It was recommended that Load Monitor from the market be used. Haven't tried it myself.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I just downloaded k9 to give it a try. I notice when I try to attach a pic from my gallery there is nothing in the gallery???? Am i missing something?

clinhart

Reaction score
GoDaddy Email set up

I have trouble with both imap and pop email messages coming in from my personal email through GoDaddy. I have talked to them - it is not any server settings or issues. My gmail is 90% of the time pretty instantaneous. But my personal emails either never come in - even if I manually refresh them - or if I turn off the phone & turn back on, then may get a few come in. But I get several times a day - most likely when it is trying to get the emails - the following error:
Sorry! The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force Close]
This appears to me to be a software issue?? Anybody know what this is and how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

How did you set up your GoDaddy email? Here's the link that's worked for others.

Using an Android Mobile Device with Your Email - GoDaddy Help Center, Search the GoDaddy Knowledge Base

I set it up correctly from the beginning. I double checked with GoDaddy. My set up is what it is supposed to be. Once I confirmed with them and with Verizon that it was set up correctly, then Verizon talked to Motorola. They have a now-known email sync issue with many people, and not just with GoDaddy, but with all non-google mail accounts. Supposedly they are "working on it". In the interim, I have all my emails forwarded to my gmail account, which is satisfactory, but not great.