Motorola Droid Case Reviews

p0pi76

Reaction score
I am also on the hunt for a Non-Magnetic Vertical case for my Droid. I work outdoors and loved my Vertical case for my BB Storm. I hope the SENA case works out great. I would only recommend the Ghost Armor to go with it, so that way we are able to utilize the Car Mount and the media station without having to take off the snapable cases. I am currently using the Ghost Armor on my ipod touch and Love it. It keeps it looking brand new and doesnt affect performance. I had it installed at my local shopping mall. Lifetime guarantee.
Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor
SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE 3G/3G S ELEGA POUCH

I

iraparks

Fair Holster that holds Droid with BG rubber Case!

I live in Illinois and stopped into a "Cricket" phone shop because i noticed 2 full walls covered with phone cases and protectors. This was only $10 so of course you get what you pay for. "WITH the Body Glove rubber case" that many have returned for making the phone to large for most holsters, This one fits them both perfectly, this also has 2 belt loops along with the flimsy clip to securely keep it from dislodging. This holster has 2 little magnets but DOES NOT turn on Droid because of the Rubber Body Glove Case!!!! This will do just fine until someone makes a similar product of top notch quality..

Here are pics if i can figure out how to load them..

Attachments

• 100_0722.JPG
    100_0722.JPG
    955.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 100_0723.JPG
    100_0723.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
  • 100_0724.JPG
    100_0724.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 303
I

iraparks

If you're looking for a Holster other than the paper-thin awful excuse for a holster you can get at verizon...head down to ATT.

They have a beautiful black leather velcro (high quality velcro) case that fits the droid perfectly. The stitches are tan and inside of the case is a tan leather, outside is black. It's a great compliment to the black & brown sugar accents on the droid. It's not cheap at $35.00 but the quality and looks is second to none.

here's a link:

Premium Black Leather Horizontal Case - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T=

Is this holster LARGE enough to fit the Droid in the Body Glove case?

cgarnes

Reaction score
They have that same (black leather with tan stitching) at Radio Shack for around $20-$25. They also have it in brown, and yes, my Droid fit nicely in there, but I don't want a horizontal case.

croutonavenger

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a leather pouch type case for the Droid? I used to own a Blackberry curve before the droid and this is what I used:

http://www.sparepartsformobiles.co....Original Leather PocketPouch HDW13386-001.jpg

I'm looking for something similar to that.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, I did google motorola droid leather pouch but I'm looking for something that someone here owns, and some feedback.

Heres what I just purchased and I love it. Fits great and is very high quality.

SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE ELEGA POUCH
I love the SENA cases. My only question is how snug does it fit? I found a belkin at Fry's Electronics.... Velcro .... it was perfect size.... but TOO snug. So when you wanted to answer a phone call, you would have to fight it to come out. It was made for the iphone 3gs.
http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/releases/uploads/assets/media/hi-res/F8Z330.jpg
I am willing to pay the price for the SENA. I want an honest answer on how easy it is to pull it out. Thanks!

unless your in a huge hurry to get one it doesnt matter.
from Sena:
Thank you for your interest in Sena Cases.

We will be making custom cases for the Motorola Droid.
However, the release date is still TBD. Please check back in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, please accept this coupon code: HOLIDAYSAV for 20% off your next order.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Randi Weden
Support, SENA CASES
Phone: (714)-505-8312 or 1-888-SENA-USA
Fax: (714)-505-8322
Email: [email protected]

myself i will just wait for them to release the one just for the droid

StevenJDroid

Reaction score
If the Sena Elega pouch for the iPhone does fit the Droid nicely (as a previous post on this forum claims it does), I wonder why the Sena folks don't just tell people that model is compatible with the Droid -- they could sell a whole bunch more of these without having to create new models. I love the fact that the Sena Elega pouches come in different colors, too -- I get so tired of everything just being black ("one color fits all"?).

StevenJDroid

Reaction score
In case this helps in determining whether the Sena Elega pouch for iPhone is in fact a good fit for the Droid, here are the dimensions of two devices compared (this is for the original iPhone not the G3 iPhone):

thickness: iPhone, 11.6 mm . . . Droid, 14 mm
length (held vertically): iPhone, 115 mm . . . Droid, 116 mm
width (held vertically): iPhone, 61 mm .... Droid, 60 mm

So they are very close (just one tiny mm difference) in length and width, however the Droid is 2.4 mm thicker

the 3G iPhone is 12.3 mm thick, 115.5 mm tall, 62.1 mm wide

pwjone1

Reaction score
Cellet Bergam Case/Cas (Vertical Holster) on Droid

Since the sizes are somewhat similar with the iPhone, I tried out a Cellet Bergam case,

LBERPRD-2ma.jpg

purchased off of e-bay. It seems to work fairly well on a Moto Droid, but a few notes:

1. Pretty tight - even after stretching elastic out by hand
  2. The top of the Droid extends above the case about 3mm (no protection, but this must be by design, as the iPhone and the Droid are only about 1mm diffo in length)
  3. Screen is fully protected, as is the bottom, but the sides not as much (there's just a stretchy fabric, leather part forms a U around the phone, no sides)

I did not try the clip, but I know from other Cellets I had, that it works fine, is actually a pretty good clip. I want to use mine without the clip, in a pocket of my pants. It might scratch up a belt a bit, if it's soft enough leather. Doesn't rotate, as far as I can tell, so only vertical, if you go that way. I am still debating the lack of top protection, when I have things in a pocket that's not so important, and the leather across the back looks to be very protective. Still, and probably this is in part because the Droid is thicker, the case is fairly tight on the phone.

pwjone1

Reaction score
Since the sizes are somewhat similar with the iPhone, I tried out a Cellet Bergam case,

LBERPRD-2ma.jpg

purchased off of e-bay. It seems to work fairly well on a Moto Droid, but a few notes:

1. Pretty tight - even after stretching elastic out by hand
  2. The top of the Droid extends above the case about 3mm (no protection, but this must be by design, as the iPhone and the Droid are only about 1mm diffo in length)
  3. Screen is fully protected, as is the bottom, but the sides not as much (there's just a stretchy fabric, leather part forms a U around the phone, no sides)

I did not try the clip, but I know from other Cellets I had, that it works fine, is actually a pretty good clip. I want to use mine without the clip, in a pocket of my pants. It might scratch up a belt a bit, if it's soft enough leather. Doesn't rotate, as far as I can tell, so only vertical, if you go that way. I am still debating the lack of top protection, when I have things in a pocket that's not so important, and the leather across the back looks to be very protective. Still, and probably this is in part because the Droid is thicker, the case is fairly tight on the phone.

Oh, one thing, if a manufacturer is looking to make a Droid specific vertical holster, it would be nice to have one where the micro-USB is open to be plugged into while the holster is on the unit. So the Cellet is good, but the three main changes I'd make:

1. Less Snug (so phone slides in and out of holster more easily)
  2. Slightly Longer (to cover the whole phone, kind of silly to leave the last few mm uncovered)
  3. Clear the micro-USB so you can plug in while the holster is attached (granted, those that dock, won't care here)

Spartan

Reaction score
I've been using the Sena Elega Pouch for a week now. Here are my observations:

Quality: The is very very good. Nice leather and a soft quality interior. Interior actually seems to clean the screen glass as I remove it.

Clip: Leather covered, slip on clip. Good strength, but time will tell how it lasts. Usually I wear the leather off these in time, but this one does seem much better made.

Fit: The iPhone 3GS Elega Pouch actually fits very well. It was a little snug (not enough that I worried about damaging the phone) at first. The more I used it the better if formed to the Droid. Now it slides in and out with ease, but has plenty of hold. If I hold the case upside down and shake it the phone will not move. It does show a little of the droid at the top, but nothing that concerns me. No more than a couple of mm stick out. Actually that little extra helps with grabbing and pulling it out.

Overall: I'm very pleased with this case, styling, and fit. 2 thumbs up.

pwjone1

Reaction score
Review of Soft Pouch Case for Moto Droid (from cellularstimulus)

I purchased via ebay a soft case, vertical, for my Motorola Droid:

318619450_o.jpg

It arrived quickly, and is just as advertised, kind of a nylon case, fine weave. Not the really heavy duty stuff you find in laptop bags, won't stop bullets or anything, but basically protective from scratches I would imagine. There is not really much in the way of padding material. The lining is nice, probably microfiber lining that feels very soft, seems if anything to wipe smudges off the screen. No clip, what this is is a slip case, gives you some (but not a lot) of protection, when in your pocket. No hard-back or anything, so you have to remember to put the phone face towards your leg. I supsect it was made for another phone, the case has a T-mobile tag, but it seems to fit the Moto Droid just fine. Easy enough to get out of the case, which is important if you have it in a pocket. It's actually blacker than in the picture, maybe a tad shinier, but at least you can get the general idea.

Pros:

1. Fits the phone
  2. Covers bottom, sides, etc.
  3. Nice microfiber lining
  4. Doesn't add much bulk, easy to fit in pocket
  5. Not much cost

Cons

1. Not much in the way of protection, no stiff back, not much in the way of real padding

Overall, not a bad vertical pouch case, especially for the money, good to keep keys and change and other stuff in your pocket from scratching up the phone, but overall not a lot of protection. Could probably use a bit more padding, and/or a more protective back, but then you'd give up some of the compactness.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just said hell with it and went to VZW and got the pouch that has velcro and the honeycomb pattern on the inside. It's not a bad case, I just wish that:

1. I could remove the belt clip
2. The inside was softer. It's not scratching it or anything but soft is good.
3. Hole on the bottom was wider so i could connect the charger while in-case.

But even with these small issues it is a great case.

Shel

Reaction score
TW928

TW928_AV2

Picked up this Sena Kutu Case for the iPhone from the local Apple store, and the Droid fits it perfectly!

I like to keep my phones in my pants pocket, and like a slim, vertical pouch type case without any belt cliips or other protrutions that add to the size.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the dimensions of the Droid and iPhone 3G are almost identical! What this means is, while cases that snap on the iPhone obviously won't work (incorrect cutouts, not a perfect fit), slip in cases made for the iPhone, or most of them, should work just fine!

This is a very snug fitting case... the Droid will NOT slip out of it.

What's really nice is, the case has a tab in the back which you pull up on when you want to remove the Droid, and the Droid gently sllides up and out of the case! No need to struggle to get it out, in spite of it's very snug fit!

Pros:
Fine quality, pebble leather
Black (well, it's a Pro to ME)
Ultra Slim design
Soft velvet lining with light protective layer
Additional screen padding
Slim back pocket for an ID card or money (which I'll personally never use)
Easy to remove with tab in back of case! (best feature!)

Cons:
Expensive ($45)

Oh, the Apple salesman asked me which iPhone I had, and when I told him I had the Droid, not an iPhone, he asked if I had it with me, that he'd love to see it. He was pretty impressed, kept playing on it, asking tons of questions... pretty funny!

Apple salesman said case can be returned up until Jan. 9th! Don't quite understand that... I thought it was 30 days, but whatever. Fact is, you can try out any cases you get from an Apple Store, knowing that it's painless to return it if you later decide it doesn't exactly fit your needs.

Great case, so far! Exactly what I was lookng for (well, except a little expensive)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's probably Jan 9th since the holidays are getting close. So people can buy presents.

Diocat

Reaction score
droid.jpg
droid.jpg

This is mine. It's a mix of cases because I couldn't find a good complete one at any local store and I needed a case or protector ASAP.

Bottom/back - Xentris "Carrying Solution", I only used the back because the piece for the screen would fall of every now and then as it jumbled around in my pocket. On top of that it covered the microphone when it was installed as well.

Front/face - Clear Verizon "Snap-On Hard Cover", I used the front only for the reasons stated above. It's a good fit, doesn't fall off in my pocket, and doesn't cover the microphone hole. The back of the Verizon kit is junk to me, it hooks around the top at the corner that the sleep/power button is located and when I opened or closed the slider it would rub so bad I could only analogize it to be as annoying as fingernails on a chalk board.

Screen Protector - ZAGG Invisibleshield Screen-only shield.

I am usually not abusive with my stuff but I do rush around a lot and toss my phone into my pocket or backpack without thinking when I'm running around so I needed a decent solution that would protect my Droid fairly well until I could get a full body ZAGG or Ghost Armor shipped to me. I ended up spending more than I'd like to initially but unfortunately that's what had to happen with my hectic lifestyle sometimes.