Motorola Droid Case Reviews

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
If you're looking for a Holster other than the paper-thin awful excuse for a holster you can get at verizon...head down to ATT.

They have a beautiful black leather velcro (high quality velcro) case that fits the droid perfectly. The stitches are tan and inside of the case is a tan leather, outside is black. It's a great compliment to the black & brown sugar accents on the droid. It's not cheap at $35.00 but the quality and looks is second to none.

here's a link:

Premium Black Leather Horizontal Case - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T=

wildrage

Reaction score
I just stopped by the Verizon store on Broadway in SoHo and they got a few brand-new cases in this morning's shipment (they didn't even get a chance to slap the price tags on them). I picked up the black silicone snap-on case (which I think is my favorite because it provides the most coverage), and a new, leather covered hard-shell case. I'm posting a picture below. Its identical to the Xentris case, but it is covered with soft leather (or a leather-like material lol).

It was 19.99 and the SKU was MOTOA855COVLTHR. Pic below (I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the front piece, but you get the idea!):

Hey, just wondering why you bought both of those cases since they are both snap on cases? Which do you prefer out of the two? Does either one hinder the sliding mechanism, and is one easier to remove than the other?

Thanks

The silicone case is by far my favorite. Partly because it provides the most coverage (all of the side buttons are covered), and partly because of the design. It has a textured back which makes it easier to grip and slides more smoothely then the body glove one. It also is a lot less bulky then the body glove case, IMO. It also looks like it will fit over my ZAGG skin. A negative aspect of the harder cases is that I've never found one that will fit with a ZAGG skin installed.

When I say silicone...its sort of silicone and it sort of isn't...it's more like a hard silicone or maleable soft plastic. It doesn't get stuck in your pocket or collect lint like a typical silicone case would...if that makes any sense.

The case that I prefer is below:

Enter your location

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The silicone case is by far my favorite. Partly because it provides the most coverage (all of the side buttons are covered), and partly because of the design. It has a textured back which makes it easier to grip and slides more smoothely then the body glove one. It also is a lot less bulky then the body glove case, IMO. It also looks like it will fit over my ZAGG skin. A negative aspect of the harder cases is that I've never found one that will fit with a ZAGG skin installed.

When I say silicone...its sort of silicone and it sort of isn't...it's more like a hard silicone or maleable soft plastic. It doesn't get stuck in your pocket or collect lint like a typical silicone case would...if that makes any sense.

Enter your location
So does the case "clip" on like the body glove or what?

fgy671

Reaction score
a case to consider is by RipOffs. just google and find a dealer by trying RipOffs Holsters. no magnets!

yearn

Reaction score
Im pretty sure this is the case I use, I like it cause its not to tight so it comes out easy, but not loose enough it flops around.
And its got a really strong magnet.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I ordered the Clear Protector on ebay, installed it and it looks awesome. iT looks awesome because it still has protection but still looks like moto and google envisioned it.

racemag

Reaction score
I just got the Body Glove case for my droid and i like it alot however it is such a pain to take on and off, so if you have the car mount or multimedia station it's a mission to pop the body glove off the phone for you to use the other mounts. Anyone else experiencing that?

Yeah...same here. I like the feel....the swivel clip IS a *****. Looking for a leather case that will work with the body glove on.

DuhDonutMan

Reaction score
i ordered a 3M one, but haven't installed it cause of the adhesive. does the clear protector you used have a noticable adhesive substance on it? last thing i want is to have to try to get residue off my phone.

I really hope slickeasy makes a case for this. They did the touch and iphone such wonders.

wildrage

Reaction score

Enter your location
So does the case "clip" on like the body glove or what?

Yes, 'clips' on like body glove. Doesn't quite snap, but clips. Fits very snugly.

FoFa

Reaction score
I got the case/auto charger combo (shoot it was like what, buck and half more than just the car charger). Figured the case would be good enough until something better comes out. It's OK, velcro works fine, inside seems to protect well enough. Little hard to grab the phone (cut out could be a tad larger for the finger grab). I'm waiting for a belt holster that swivles, is easy to take and off, and holds the phone securly yet is easy to remove and replace. Yea I know, I want my cake and eat it also.

mporter88

Reaction score
No...but I am using the stock pouch from a Curve with my Droid until something better comes up. It actually is working perfect for me. Fits perfect. No belt hook or anything...I just drop the cased phone in a pocket, Samsung btooth in an ear,...and I am rollin.

mporter88

Reaction score
Vaja Cases will have something cool sooner or later...but it will be bucks.
They tend to make beautiful leather wrapped hard cases...but I think the droid lends itself to a slip on case. They make those too...Ill have to keep an eye on their site.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
No...but I am using the stock pouch from a Curve with my Droid until something better comes up. It actually is working perfect for me. Fits perfect. No belt hook or anything...I just drop the cased phone in a pocket, Samsung btooth in an ear,...and I am rollin.
That's exactly what I want. I went to BestBuy and Walmart thinking that one of them HAD to have a simple sleeve for an iPhone/iPod that I could use for the Droid.. NONE. All they had were form fitting ones or super generic ugly ones with magnets and huge clips on the back :blah:

p0pi76

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a leather pouch type case for the Droid? I used to own a Blackberry curve before the droid and this is what I used:

http://www.sparepartsformobiles.co....Original Leather PocketPouch HDW13386-001.jpg

I'm looking for something similar to that.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, I did google motorola droid leather pouch but I'm looking for something that someone here owns, and some feedback.

Heres what I just purchased and I love it. Fits great and is very high quality.

SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE ELEGA POUCH
I love the SENA cases. My only question is how snug does it fit? I found a belkin at Fry's Electronics.... Velcro .... it was perfect size.... but TOO snug. So when you wanted to answer a phone call, you would have to fight it to come out. It was made for the iphone 3gs.
http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/releases/uploads/assets/media/hi-res/F8Z330.jpg
I am willing to pay the price for the SENA. I want an honest answer on how easy it is to pull it out. Thanks!