Motorola Droid Case Reviews

Aximtreo

Reaction score
Your verizon case

Can you post a link to the case you got from Verizon. Thanks

has anyone mentioned the shell/holster combo that is offered on the Verizon website right now.

i recently received it through the mail after the product had been out of stock for quite a while.

the shell fits well over the phone. slides open and close very well.

the backside comes off easily but still stays on tight. I remove it to place it in the car dock.

(aint it cool that the droid automatically goes to "Car Home" once in the car dock)

the shell slides into the holster easily with the screen facing inwards to protect it from unwanted bumps.

mporter88

Reaction score
From what I can tell (after spending some time at a couple of accy sellers) any "pouch" style cover, made for the 3g or 3gs that has any sort of stretch panel will work with the Droid.
Also...any 100% soft (leather or fabric) 3g/3gs pouch will work well after a break-in period (3-4 days) wherein the material relaxes around the inserted phone.
All such materials will relax a few percent with use. This may in the long run result in a case that is better fitting than one made specifically for the Droid. Because the manufacturers have to build them to fit perfectly at first insertion... and long term use will relax the case a bit.. you may end up with a soft pouch that does not "grab" the Droid at all.

My 3gs Sena Kutu is fitting perfectly after only 2 days of use. No cutouts of course. But I only use the case for in pocket protection.

Spartan

Reaction score
From what I can tell (after spending some time at a couple of accy sellers) any "pouch" style cover, made for the 3g or 3gs that has any sort of stretch panel will work with the Droid.
Also...any 100% soft (leather or fabric) 3g/3gs pouch will work well after a break-in period (3-4 days) wherein the material relaxes around the inserted phone.
All such materials will relax a few percent with use. This may in the long run result in a case that is better fitting than one made specifically for the Droid. Because the manufacturers have to build them to fit perfectly at first insertion... and long term use will relax the case a bit.. you may end up with a soft pouch that does not "grab" the Droid at all.

My 3gs Sena Kutu is fitting perfectly after only 2 days of use. No cutouts of course. But I only use the case for in pocket protection.

Agree, My Sena Elega Pouch fits like a glove. Its even better after I put a little leather conditioner on it.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My new white case. Not super impressed with it as the top piece is a soft plastic that doesn't hold all that well. The bottom piece is nice though and as long as you aren't pulling your phone in and out of your pocket it looks sharp enough. :)

4111587296_540918b556.jpg

4111587408_21b0bd1f84.jpg

4110821557_b3a6109861.jpg

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it from accessorygeeks.com for pretty cheap. They have the best selection currently available.

Zennmaster

Reaction score
I got the BG case, and I gotta say, I LOVE it! I do not currently rock with the clip, and it fits very nicely in my jacket pocket (the pocket WITHOUT the keychain!). I also feel that the keyboard now slides out with -just- the right resistance. I got the BG because my local VZW store did not have the combination shell/holster. I had that one for my Storm, and it was a great mix of protection and convenience. Having the screen protected in the holster was a very secure feeling.

Anyway, I feel the extra size from the BG makes the Droid feel just right in my hand. Nekkid, she's just to small...

fbell

Reaction score
How about an adapter to connect the case to the dock and the car mount...

NixWA

Reaction score
New forum user & Droid owner here. I bought the Verizon brand silicone case that wraps around both halves of the phone. One point of caution - the silicone portion that drags across the keyboard eventually lifted & bent my 'delete' key after less than a day of owning it. I got a new replacement Droid & just stuck with the clear hard case...

Jansan

Reaction score
This is potentially a really dumb question, but are there any types of cases for the Droid other than one which you slide the phone in and out of, i.e. pouches?
If so, which are the best?
Thanks

Erich_F

Reaction score
Case Logic

My solution was a Case Logic Horizontal Leather PDA Phone Case I got from Target for $20. The Droid is a perfect fit lengthwise, width, and thickness-wise. It has a simple belt clip which holds very tight, and the flap closure is magentic. I tested the magnetic closure to see if it would screw with the Droid sensors, and it did not. I can place the Droid in the case in any orientation without the magnets affecting the phone.

I will not be using any skins on the Droid since I use it often in the Home Dock and Car Mount. I've never been a fan of skins, anyways.

101933_1_1

101933_1_2

metalmenance

Reaction score
I have a similar magnetic case like one above, yes it will go into car mode if i insert with back to magnet but not if screen is to magnet side. The magnet has to be against the back of the droid for it to change modes is all

phytphyr

Reaction score
just threw mine away the private ones suck!! i went with the standard but i hae pockets of air on sides also and i think i might return these also

Erich_F

Reaction score
I have a similar magnetic case like one above, yes it will go into car mode if i insert with back to magnet but not if screen is to magnet side. The magnet has to be against the back of the droid for it to change modes is all

I typically insert my Droid with the screen to the inside, which puts the back of the Droid towards the magnet. Mine isn't going into Car Mode, though.

Is the magnet on your case in the flap, or the pocket side? Magnet polarity might make the difference, too.

EDIT Update:

I can make the Droid enter Car Mode if I place the top end of the Droid directly above the magnet in the center of the flap. It has to be fairly close to the magent for the car mode to activate. Since the sensor is near the top of the phone, the magnet in the flap of the horizontal case will never be close enough to activate the Car Mode.

Update #2:

I continued to play with the magnets in the Case Logic...considering magnet polarity - placing the Droid Magnetic sensor near the magnet from the INSIDE of the flap, I can get the Droid to enter Home Dock mode. So, changing the magnetic polarity is what makes the difference between Car and Home Dock modes...

In any case, with the Droid fit into the case, neither of the modes activate, regardless of orientation of the Droid.

Erich