Motorola Droid Australian release date ?

chimaira53

Reaction score
Hi All.

Does anyone know if \ when Motorola will be selling the Droid ( milestone ) in Australia.
I know there are 2 online sites expandsys & mobicity who sell this phone however 700+ to purchase the phone. . . just can't justify it. . .

Ideally i would love to get this phone on a 24 month plan as the one im on now is about to expire. However atm i have not been able to find anything about when or even if this phone will ever be release in Australia.

Thx.

spasewalkr

Reaction score
yeah no

to the best of my knowledge (maybe somebody can correct me) there are currently no plans to release the phone in australia. motorola has released the cdma version for the US and the gsm version in the uk. those are currently the only locations that have been announced for the droid. having said that, motorola's prolly not gonna leave australia in the dark totally:

Motorola launching 20-30 Android phones in 2010 -- Engadget

OP
C

chimaira53

Reaction score
Dam eh.

Aw well might have to wait and see then. Thanks for the link, very interesting.

gruve

Reaction score
20-30 phones in 2010? If that stands true, that is 2.5 phones a month being released which I don't see happening.

OP
C

chimaira53

Reaction score
Phoxus, in Australia it's GSM. Mainly 900 / 1800Mhz i believe. . . .could be mistaken tho.

Yeah, i don't think they will bring that many out this year. Atleast not all in the same location or country, prob only get say 5 in Aust but if one is a Android phone with qwerty keyboard ill be very happy.