Motorola Droid 2 Globals are here!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;M3_KD9b0--Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3_KD9b0--Q[/video]

Motorola has just released a new video introducing the Motorola Droid 2. This device just kinda came out of nowhere. We still have yet to receive an official press release from VZW annoucing the phone, however yesterday the D2 Global appeared on VerizonWireless.com available to order. For more D2G videos, check out PC747's thread here: Droid 2 Global Videos.

Droid 2 Global has Landed!
So the big question is when can we expect these units to arrive? Well, just minutes ago we received word from SGMD1 that he received his Droid 2 Gloabl this morning. Check out this thead for complete pictures of the unboxing: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/96029-droid-2-global-unboxing-pics.html

patfactorx

Reaction score
are there any contests to win this phone!? I wants this so bad

pandabear

Reaction score
Bought in white!
Should get here tomorrow by 3, I wonder if the droid 2 roms/root procedure will be compatible?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
ohhh I sooo want this!
I will wait a while for bugs to be sorted out and whether someone's been able to root it or not.

Verizonme

Reaction score
Droid Global

So the advantage is faster processor and it is global ? ... over the Droid X ?

r314bd

Reaction score
Bought in white!
Should get here tomorrow by 3, I wonder if the droid 2 roms/root procedure will be compatible?
I just tried it...didn't work :( Will ask the developers if they would be so kind as to modify the code to work on the D2 Global...hopefully it's not much different?
How much are they running for?
$299 + $100 Debit Card Rebate for 2 year contract price
$559.99 full retail

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's interesting what Motorola considers the "Most Powerful Droid Family" - The Droid X - The Droid 2 Global - and The Droid Pro -

Plus all this time we thought the "B" and the "W" in the codes meant black & white - this bad boy is Blue :happy:

fluidj

Reaction score
besides the 1.2GHz and Global capability, what's so different about this vs. every other droid device out right now? They keep playing up the business capabilities....are these things that can't be achieved by other droid devices? I have 4 more days left to either keep this Fascinate(which I LOVE) or trade it in for something else.

incredibulk

Reaction score
Just purchased one for myself... should come within the next couple of days. Can't wait!dancedroid

Bilgediver

Reaction score
besides the 1.2GHz and Global capability, what's so different about this vs. every other droid device out right now?
Nothing essentially.

I didn't see but it MIGHT have Motoblur.
But remember they keep trying to sell these things to users who have never used an Android device, so they do try to add settings so that someone who might not be too familiar with Android would be able to pick it up and go: set it up with their "business" network without too many issues, or without having to go into settings.

Remember that if they try to play up business capabilities (especially with phones like the Droid Pro), they are trying to eat into the Blackberry crowd especially (talk about locked devices!).

lagtastic

Reaction score
since they are touting VPN integration, has android finally figured out a way to get cisco group based VPN working WITHOUT having to root the phone and use vpn connections?