Motorola Droid 2 Does Global

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-2-global.jpg

Yup! Your looking at a leaked photo of what could be the next Droid heading to Verizon Wireless, behold the Droid 2 Global. Appearing with a new color scheme this new Droid 2 is rumored to have new internals that should make it more friendly for international travelers. Look out RIMM, this could take a bite out of Black Berry World Edition phones sales!

While the device hasn't been officially confirmed by Verizon, there has been chatter for the current model of Droid 2 receiving a refresh. Ya I know, it's only been available for a month so kinda hard to believe! Just a few days ago BGR this photo showing the Motorola Droid 2 available only while supplies last:

droid-2-wsl.jpg

Head on over to Droid-Life for a few close-ups of this new shiny Droid here: Exclusive: Motorola DROID 2 Global First Pictures - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the new color scheme...at least what I can see of it :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
How quickly I post...after looking at the Droid Life pics I change my mind, the top half looks sleek, I can do without the white bottom peice though

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
1.2 GHz CPU...I hope it comes out before my 30 day return period on D2 expires :)

Not to change subjects but is the R2-D2 CPU 1 or 1.2?

everstar80

Reaction score
I like the front of the phone but the back really does look like crap because it looks like several phones parts put together. But what I like most about this article is that there is more speculation that original droid 2 owners will be getting pretty good upgrades. I hope this device comes out soon so that this 'refreash' will happen sooner. Because I've been hearing these rumors for days. Thanks for the article.

kennydied23

Reaction score
I thought it looked alright the first look...but now I think that they should've just made it all-white or all silver.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
All silver...the R2-D2 should have the white covered

MrSinister1

Reaction score
This is my next phone, I travel alot and I need a world phone I'm sooo excited and I don't have to feel so bad about letting go of my D1, I can't wait until they launch this phone!!!dancedroid

DKunch

Reaction score
Dude you all realize this is just the R2D2 droid right?? lol it looks Identical to it... i bet if they turn that phone to its back you will see the gay blue designs that they put on the R2D2 droid... (sorry not a fan of starwars LOL)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Dude you all realize this is just the R2D2 droid right?? lol it looks Identical to it... i bet if they turn that phone to its back you will see the gay blue designs that they put on the R2D2 droid... (sorry not a fan of starwars LOL)

I thought the exact same thing but the other pics reveal that the back is silver...

Sent from my Droid

DKunch

Reaction score

I thought the exact same thing but the other pics reveal that the back is silver...

Sent from my Droid

Really?? so its got a white band around it and then the bottom is silver?? ehhh that is fugly... y not just leave the whole phone that awesome silver that they used on the top... do you have that pic you can upload or link ??

DKunch

Reaction score
Oh **** my bad... i didnt see the link at the bottom to look at the page that reveals it.... yeah thats an ugly phone.... but i like that they are trying to make it more then just black but really with a Cover on it you dont see it anyway lol

DKunch

Reaction score
They could have at least made the White Battery Door match the White they used on the whole back of the phone lol or made the whole phone white that would have been a nice looking phone but not feeling the 2tone