Motorola Droid-2 Extended Battery Review. 1860 mAh

Cunha

Reaction score
If you have a snap on case..you may be able to use the 1820MAH battery with the case and without the battery cover. It will be a tight fit, like you mentioned. It will be a good idea for the cooling of the battery though. No reason to double insulate that baby and keep it cooking under heavy use. It may be a good idea for anyone with an plastic outer case to use the phone without the battery cover, perhaps with some smaller spacers to keep the battery from perhaps jolting loose if you drop the phone or whatever.

That is one of the reasons you seldom see first party hard cases. The phones weren't designed to be covered up completely all the time. It doesn't allow them to expel heat the same way and the first party company does not want to be liable for any failures do to excess heat build up.

comixguru

Reaction score
I just got the R2D2 Droid. Will this battery fit in there? If not, is there an extended battery back for the R2D2 droid?

Thanks!
alice.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Boo. I'd like to order one of these but I just can't justify it. Previously I had been rocking a D1 with two batteries and an external charger. Now that I picked up the D2 I have THREE standard batteries.

P.S. Looking at the pictures from the OP, the charging contacts look to be in the same position. Anyone know if this works with the Motorola external charger?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&accessoryId=44544

This is the one I have, it works great. Plus it came with an additional micro sd charger cord, much longer than the stock one. The verizon site didn't list it as compatible with the D2, but it's the same battery from the D1 and it works.