Motorola Droid-2 Extended Battery Review. 1860 mAh

evilsock

Reaction score
yes its exact same as reg door, kinda rubbery feeling but metalic, and make sure u say D2 bc D1 fits but diff color

phartwig

Reaction score
Got mine when i picked up the droid 2. My opinion it is worth it. I didnt let it drain and recharge may still do that but yesterday after using it pretty heavy (setting up and playing with the new droid I was at 30% after 15 hours. If I would have done that to my droid 1 it would have been drained and charged probably twice. Been off charge since 545 this am and right now (again still playing with the phone) I am at 80% still. VERY VERY WORTH IT> dancedroid

want a droid

Reaction score
I don't get as much out of my extended battery as others say they do but if you have 50 bucks to drop then do it because its obviously better than normal battery.

With juicedefender I can get through the day without charging...I'm in my dorm a lot so I charge it anyways...

I remember once after 16 hours I was at 40% but a lot of the time my phone was idle so idk

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

evilsock

Reaction score
Got mine when i picked up the droid 2. My opinion it is worth it. I didnt let it drain and recharge may still do that but yesterday after using it pretty heavy (setting up and playing with the new droid I was at 30% after 15 hours. If I would have done that to my droid 1 it would have been drained and charged probably twice. Been off charge since 545 this am and right now (again still playing with the phone) I am at 80% still. VERY VERY WORTH IT> dancedroid

there is no need to "condition" this battery as its lithium. u only need to fully charge and fully drain about once a month to keep the accuracy of the battery readout good.

I don't get as much out of my extended battery as others say they do but if you have 50 bucks to drop then do it because its obviously better than normal battery.

With juicedefender I can get through the day without charging...I'm in my dorm a lot so I charge it anyways...

I remember once after 16 hours I was at 40% but a lot of the time my phone was idle so idk

u dont need juice defender with D2, it clashes with the battery manager thats built into D2. it accually makes it worse. ive tried it.
the extended battery is 100% worth it though. try not using juice defender and see how long it will last

want a droid

Reaction score
I get more out of my extended battery with juice defender than I do without it.

With it turning off 3g while my phone is idle saves me a lot of battery.

GTSLOW

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the ebay special 2800mAh thin battery? I've heard of some cheap batteries coming from hong kong when I used to race R/C cars. But nothing about cell batteries.

want a droid

Reaction score
Some verizon stores have them in stock. I had to call three local verizon stores before I found one with a battery in stock.

want a droid

Reaction score
Yeah and the place only had two in stock so the rep offered to hold it for me which I gladly accepted.

dast

Reaction score
Nice info on this thread. Had to go out and order one of the 1860 mAh batteries after reading that it does make a difference. :icon_ banana:

I suppose this may be best posted in the Accessories forum, but does anyone know of an external charger for either the standard or extended Droid 2 batteries?

My previous phone was a Moto Q 9h and Motorola was kind enough to make a docking station that included a slot to charge an extra battery in addition to charging whatever battery was in the phone. I could simultaneously charge my phone and *either* an extra slim or extended battery. See the attached image for what it looked like.

Does anyone know of an equivalent for the D2? Or any other easy way to charge a D2 battery outside of the phone?

Attachments

• motoqdock.jpg
    motoqdock.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 438

wmnomore

Reaction score
Just ordered mine from verizon-$37.50 w/free shipping. can't wait to try it out.
thanks for the heads-up guys.

Ghostwhite

Reaction score
Nice info on this thread. Had to go out and order one of the 1860 mAh batteries after reading that it does make a difference. :icon_ banana:

I suppose this may be best posted in the Accessories forum, but does anyone know of an external charger for either the standard or extended Droid 2 batteries?

My previous phone was a Moto Q 9h and Motorola was kind enough to make a docking station that included a slot to charge an extra battery in addition to charging whatever battery was in the phone. I could simultaneously charge my phone and *either* an extra slim or extended battery. See the attached image for what it looked like.

Does anyone know of an equivalent for the D2? Or any other easy way to charge a D2 battery outside of the phone?

Definitely need one of these for the D2!

MMScibor

Reaction score
In response to all this, I have a snap on cover for the Droid 2, one of those ones that they sell in the store...I realize there will be some friction, but with the added 2 mm of thickness, can I still use the cover I brought before?

wmnomore

Reaction score
21 hours of use (mild to moderate) before needing a charge (was @30%).
And i really like the shape of the back now-easier to hold and not much thicker at all.

Does this sell you now?