Motorola d4 dock

SunsNut

Reaction score
Added to Wish List

Their "sale" runs through March 13th so I added it to my wish list hoping to score one at the $149 price.

bluebanzai

Reaction score
I ordered mine at 4:30PM EST on Friday and I just got an email saying they are out of stock and that one would be shipped when they are back in stock. No mention of them cancelling my order.

scutly

Reaction score
i bought one of each from verizon.com and with my UPS employee discount i paid $130 for both. first i will review the standard dock. not impressed in the least and its being returned. my droid 4 will not go into webtop mode. my only choices for dock type are "My Gallery", "My Music", and "Mirror on Display". now that's while connected with a hdmi cable (not supplied) to my 21" LCD TV that i use for my PC monitor. it does nothing different than when i plug the hdmi cable directly into the phone. to me its just a charging dock. it doesn't even give you an alarm clock mode. yet the box clearly states that it is supposed to launch the webtop app wih full firefox browser. maybe i got a defective one. now the deluxe dock that comes with the hdmi cable and the three usb ports in very cool and works like a charm. i have it in the bedroom on my nightstand hooked up to a 40" LCD Tv with a 15' Hdmi and a micro to standard hdmi adapter. the webtop app with the full firefox browser (with flash) is amazing. i already use firefox on my pc and was able to sync all my bookmarks and it recognized my wireless mouse with the usb dongle instantly. very fast surfing using wifi. no 4g in my area yet. very good quality video watching netflix or youtube or any other "tube" type websites. the alarm clock mode works great as well, i will use this dock on a daily basis for both surfing the web/netflix and as an alarm clock. is it worth a hundred bucks? thats a hard one. i say its borderline worth the $75 i paid for it, but it is pretty cool being able to blow your phone up to 40" and use a mouse on it. angry birds is a blast! :biggrin:

wkearney99

Reaction score
The dual plug nature of the HD dock makes it annoying to use. At least compared to my old D2 and D3 docks. Those allowed easy drop-in use. This one is a hassle as you have to be pretty precise in getting both of those plugs to line up. Then it's a hassle when trying to remove the phone, the 2 plugs stick and the whole dock comes up.

I'd much rather have a USB-only connection, but one that still triggered dock mode (supposedly the hyperion doesn't).

schatzy62

Reaction score
The dual plug nature of the HD dock makes it annoying to use. At least compared to my old D2 and D3 docks. Those allowed easy drop-in use. This one is a hassle as you have to be pretty precise in getting both of those plugs to line up. Then it's a hassle when trying to remove the phone, the 2 plugs stick and the whole dock comes up.

I'd much rather have a USB-only connection, but one that still triggered dock mode (supposedly the hyperion doesn't).

You could just set up a Smart Action to start a docking application when it gets plugged in gets plugged in (not the oem one) or maybe just get Desk Home that should do the trick

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
I just bought a HD Station on ebay for $55.00 brand new. I can use the dock with my PureGear case on the phone. You push the adjusting backplate all the way in, then remove the trim tab from the bottom of the dock where the phone sits. After that I was able to use the phone without removing the case. It's a pretty slick dock. I hope it will work on future Droid phones.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
I bought the HD station brand new on ebay for about half what Motorola is asking for it. I strongly recommend it. It should work on a couple generations of Droid phones. Its adjustable and I can use it with my case on the phone. I believe it will work as a web dock when plugged into a USB port. Its a pretty slick piece of work.