Motorola d4 dock

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Accessories' started by pc747, Feb 9, 2012.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

If you buy this device give us a personal review of how it works for you.
  2. greenmile

greenmile New Member

Has anyone found one of these for sale yet online?
  3. Metal_Mavrik

Metal_Mavrik New Member

I bought the dock at the store. All I really use it for though is a bedside dock for my D4 so I can't really speak for how it works with tablets or connected to the computer like they were showing, and that hd "station" or whatever is a totally separate device, I don't have it.

Otherwise it's alright, a little annoying mounting and dismounting the phone however since there are two plugs that it has to connect. It's really nice that it has audio out built in though so it connects up to my speakers easily.
  4. LadyHottShott

LadyHottShott New Member

I hope cheaper versions come out lol

Not to sound cheap but man that thing is expensive :blink:
  5. Metal_Mavrik

Metal_Mavrik New Member

Well the "HD dock" Is only $50. It has charging, audio out jack, and hdmi out. The "HD station" is $100, and it has all that plus these special usb hookups for your computer and apparently you can plug flash drives into it.
  6. bluebanzai

bluebanzai New Member

It's my understanding that both can do webtop, correct?
  7. kpetonke

kpetonke New Member

Do I have to take off my case to use the dock? I had to do that with my Droid2 and it was a hassle.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  8. mfendley

mfendley New Member

The back is adjustable, so as long as you adjust the back with the case on the phone, you can leave the case on while docked. I am using the D4 case that comes in the power and protection case, and I leave the case on while docked.
  9. zertsman

zertsman New Member

i have the thicker case with the kick stand inthe back, i had to take out the shim underneath.. works fine except that it does not charge via USB connected to my computer.. i can pull the cable out and put it straight into the phone and it charges fine. in the dock, i get nothing.. i'm also using the cable that came with the phone.

what gives?
  10. SunsNut

SunsNut New Member

I found both models on both Amazon and eBay. Still deciding if it's worth it or should if I should just save up for one of the lapdocks.
  11. Kack

Kack New Member

I still can not find one of these. i have been to about 4 vzw and no one has any. are thay that popular or short on stock? Also is it the same as the Razr Dock?
  12. Kack

Kack New Member

you can buy the lapdock 500 right now on VZW for 149$. might want to hurry though.
  13. Kack

Kack New Member

Crap i kept reading and reading and it started to appeal to me and i bought it. yep .
  14. SunsNut

SunsNut New Member

Darn! By the time I went there it was up to $249. That's still better than Amazon who wants $349 :frown:
  15. bluebanzai

bluebanzai New Member

16. SunsNut

SunsNut New Member

Added to Wish List

Their "sale" runs through March 13th so I added it to my wish list hoping to score one at the $149 price.
  17. bluebanzai

bluebanzai New Member

I ordered mine at 4:30PM EST on Friday and I just got an email saying they are out of stock and that one would be shipped when they are back in stock. No mention of them cancelling my order.
  18. scutly

scutly New Member

i bought one of each from verizon.com and with my UPS employee discount i paid $130 for both. first i will review the standard dock. not impressed in the least and its being returned. my droid 4 will not go into webtop mode. my only choices for dock type are "My Gallery", "My Music", and "Mirror on Display". now that's while connected with a hdmi cable (not supplied) to my 21" LCD TV that i use for my PC monitor. it does nothing different than when i plug the hdmi cable directly into the phone. to me its just a charging dock. it doesn't even give you an alarm clock mode. yet the box clearly states that it is supposed to launch the webtop app wih full firefox browser. maybe i got a defective one. now the deluxe dock that comes with the hdmi cable and the three usb ports in very cool and works like a charm. i have it in the bedroom on my nightstand hooked up to a 40" LCD Tv with a 15' Hdmi and a micro to standard hdmi adapter. the webtop app with the full firefox browser (with flash) is amazing. i already use firefox on my pc and was able to sync all my bookmarks and it recognized my wireless mouse with the usb dongle instantly. very fast surfing using wifi. no 4g in my area yet. very good quality video watching netflix or youtube or any other "tube" type websites. the alarm clock mode works great as well, i will use this dock on a daily basis for both surfing the web/netflix and as an alarm clock. is it worth a hundred bucks? thats a hard one. i say its borderline worth the $75 i paid for it, but it is pretty cool being able to blow your phone up to 40" and use a mouse on it. angry birds is a blast! :biggrin:
  19. wkearney99

wkearney99 New Member

The dual plug nature of the HD dock makes it annoying to use. At least compared to my old D2 and D3 docks. Those allowed easy drop-in use. This one is a hassle as you have to be pretty precise in getting both of those plugs to line up. Then it's a hassle when trying to remove the phone, the 2 plugs stick and the whole dock comes up.

I'd much rather have a USB-only connection, but one that still triggered dock mode (supposedly the hyperion doesn't).
  20. orange93

orange93 New Member

Search tags for this page

motorola d4

set up a motorola account d4