Motorola Car Dock - Phone Volume

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
I really like my Motorola Car Dock for my Bionic. I like how music and GPS navigation go into the speakers. However, phone calls do not go into the speakers, and instead it moves to speaker phone out of the phone. The problem is it is just not loud enough. Is there any way to move the sound to my stereo speakers so I can hear people that talk when I'm driving, but retain the microphone. Or a way to significantly raise the volume?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are "Volume Booster" apps that artificially amplify the sound out of the speaker, but at this point, the problem you describe is one experienced with Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX, Bionic, and other Motorola Android models, and may also be the same with non-Motorola phones as well.

OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
Or is there an app that would route phone call audio to my car stereo through the dock, just like it does music? My old original Motorola Droid, with Seido case, routed all sounds (telephone, music, etc) through the dock to the car stereo.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I really like my Motorola Car Dock for my Bionic. I like how music and GPS navigation go into the speakers. However, phone calls do not go into the speakers, and instead it moves to speaker phone out of the phone. The problem is it is just not loud enough. Is there any way to move the sound to my stereo speakers so I can hear people that talk when I'm driving, but retain the microphone. Or a way to significantly raise the volume?

Mine goes through the car speakers when you turnoff the external speaker on the phone.
If you have a case I noticed the plug can have problems making all the connections to route the sound.

OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
Mine goes through the car speakers when you turnoff the external speaker on the phone.
If you have a case I noticed the plug can have problems making all the connections to route the sound.
THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH. That was it. It was so simple. All I had to do, as jeff said, was turn off speaker phone. And it went through the car speakers.

Now I still had to turn up the volume real loud to hear my wife, but at least I could her much more clearly. And my dock only goes into one speaker, because there's a loose wire that I need to open up and fix sometime. BUT THIS WAS IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH. That was it. It was so simple. All I had to do, as jeff said, was turn off speaker phone. And it went through the car speakers.

Now I still had to turn up the volume real loud to hear my wife, but at least I could her much more clearly. And my dock only goes into one speaker, because there's a loose wire that I need to open up and fix sometime. BUT THIS WAS IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

The volume on the phone also effects how loud the sound is.
if you want more signal to your car speakers, turn the volume up on the phone & it will increase the signal level going to the car speakers.

linuxgator

Reaction score
I was having some connection issues and audio problems with the car dock as well, it turns out that the usb connector was getting pushed slightly into the car dock. I opened it up, pushed the piece back out and superglued a small piece of plastic in to kinda work as a wedge to keep it from slipping and it seems to work well now, even with a case.