droid in my car

mygirlsjealous

Reaction score
Does anyone know if theres a way to connect the droid to a car stereo so the music i've downloaded can be heard through the speakers? The volume on the phone is not loud enough that i can hear while driving with the windows open.
Thank you
:icon_ rocker::motdroidvert:

Reaction score
Do you have the stock radio or aftermarket? If you have aftermarket most of those have an aux input. You could use an FM transmitter if not, but in my experience, they suck. It all depends on your radio.

OP
mygirlsjealous

mygirlsjealous

Reaction score
thanks

thank you for the info. the radio is stock and no aux b/c in order to hear satellite radio i used to use the cassette adaptor due to the fact that the FM transmitter did really suck. i guess i'll have to try the cassette adapter method. thanks again.

jasonb

Reaction score
replace your oem radio.

i plug my droid into my car every time i get in my car. a phone like the droid would not be worth it to me if i couldn't do this. streaming internet radio is my car is my favorite thing about the droid.

Spyte

Reaction score
for what it's worth, i've had two fm transmitters; one for my ipod and one for my droid and have never had a problem with them. i'm sure your results depend greatly on your location, but you may want to try another brand. just a thought.

rkeller62

Reaction score
I use a cassette adapter and it works great for me. Cheaper than an FM transmitter and don't have to worry about a station overpowering your transmitter when traveling.

skidemn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if theres a way to connect the droid to a car stereo so the music i've downloaded can be heard through the speakers? The volume on the phone is not loud enough that i can hear while driving with the windows open.
Thank you
:icon_ rocker::motdroidvert:

If you give me the make/model/year of your vehicle, chances are I can find an auxiliary input adapter for you so you will get the best possible sound quality.

rjm_27

Reaction score
A while back I replaced my radio in my SUV and got one with Bluetooth and the Droid works great with it. No messy wires or FM transmitters to play with!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You just plug it in your cigarrette lighter

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

skidemn

Reaction score
i drive a 2002 chevy monte carlo.
thank you.
:reddroid:

Unlike the other years of the Monte Carlo, the 2000, 2001 and 2002 are closed systems, meaning that the radio does not have CD changer controls, satellite radio controls or any other type of input that could be used for a direct connect auxiliary input. For radios of this type I recommend the next best option:
DICE Electronics LLC - DRIVE | LIVE | ACCESSORIZE - FM-RDS USB PRO - Specifications
This part from DICE has the absolute best FM modulator I have ever heard! It is a wired modulator, not a transmitter as in those cheap adapters that are noisy, lack decent frequency response, and have poor ability to maintain the audio so strong radio stations walk over the top of them. If you want the best sounding alternative to a direct input, this is it. They are available direct from DICE as well as other stores. Our site is out of stock and has been for a couple weeks or I'd give you a link to our store. This part is not inexpensive, so if you prefer a cheaper alternative, I'd go with a Belkin brand FM transmitter- like any FM transmitter they aren't great, but they are at least better than most of the others out there.

If you don't mind changing your factory radio, I can also recommend a few good deals on replacement radios that would give you an aux input as well as better sound quality than your stock radio for less that $150 including the wiring harnesses and mounting kit. Let me know if you are interested and I'll point you to a few places to check out.