Car Dock Volume Issue

lennyjaxn

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else has the issue where when you put the Bionic in the car dock it automatically jacks up all of the volumes to max. I feel like this is a standard thing, but I want to keep the volumes where they are when not docked. It makes music/podcasts sound terrible and overblown when the volume is maxed, and since it maxes notification volume as well (which I usually keep at zero) I get interrupted while I'm driving with super-loud e-mail notifications. I've tried two different volume locker apps, neither of which did anything to prevent the car dock from maxing out everything when I plug it in. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear/read it! I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing and will feel dumb once I learn the secret.

EDIT: Actually, I downloaded Persist from the Market, and that seems to have successfully locked the volumes I want to lock. Hooray!

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Nope, my wife's car dock works just like it's supposed to on both of our bionics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
And actually the volume settings should be irrelevant if you're using the car dock... are you plugging an audio cable into the headphone jack on your phone?? The dock should have come with a USB/audio cable so you don't have to use the headphone jack.

OP
L

lennyjaxn

Reaction score
I'm actually using a tape adapter, because my car is state-of-the-art, but the volumes all shoot up to max before I even plug the tape adapter or car charger in. Persist locks all the volumes, but it lets me know via notifications that the evil car dock is attempting to max everything out.

r314bd

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. I connect my my dock to a tape adapter via the combined power/audio cable and because the default volume via USB is so high, I get distortion regardless of the car volume. If I could somehow lower the media volume when connected via USB, it would eliminate the distortion...but I have no idea how to do this.

I could just connect the tape adapter directly to the phone, but that's so much more inconvenient (having two cables running from the phone instead of one, having to connect/disconnect the audio cable every time I am in my car...yes it's a first world problem, I know :p)

tl;dr is there ANY way to lower the media volume/reduce the distortion when using the combined power/audio cable with a tape adapter?

DethDroid

Reaction score
I am confused and wondering if I am missing something here. My car is older '2003 and I do not have any aux ports to my radio/cd player. I have the car dock from Verizon without the audio/usb cable...I use it with a regular car charger. If I was to purchase the audio/usb charging cable, plug in my phone with the audio jack/cable the dock came with, would I be able to hear my phone through my car speakers? Or would it be a waste of money? I sometime have a difficult time hearing the phone speaker when it is in the dock and hearing through the speakers would be great.