1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Standard Dock doesn't use external speakers

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by Barry121, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Barry121

Barry121 New Member

I bought the standard dock to use as a bedside alarm. The phone's built-in speaker isn't loud enough so I hooked up a pair of external speakers using the 3.5mm jack on the back of the dock. I pull up the music app and everything works great. Great sound, great volume. But when the alarm goes off, the sound is coming through the phones built-in speaker. Even if I set the alarm to play music. If I plug the speakers into the jack on the phone itself, everything works fine. But not if the speakers are plugged into the dock's jack.

Anyone else seen this? Is my dock bad? Is the default alarm app just too stupid to realize there are speakers connected?
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I know with the HD Dock, when you put your phone in it, it gives you a set of options, if this is the case with the standard dock, click "Skip or Quit Picker" then try selecting your alarm.
  3. Barry121

Barry121 New Member

The Standard Dock gives the option of Bedside, Productivity or just your standard homescreen. I've tried the alarm in all three of these modes with the same result: when just playing music everything is piped out the external speakers. When the alarm goes off, the sound comes out the built-in speaker.
  4. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Try going to your home screen and then selecting a third party alarm app.
Search tags for this page
droid dna speaker dock
external speakers for ga lexy 121
external speakers for samsung galaxy phone

external speakers for samsung phone

external speakers of samsung phone
using a samsung galaxy s3 play music to external speakers
when putting samsung on dock external speakers
where is the external speakers on sam sun phone