Motocast???

Reaction score
Cant find Motocast on Playstore, just Motocast USB. Liked the ability to view my files on my computer. Is this app gone? Thanks. Have a Droid Maxx approx. 1 1/2 years old. Im running ver. 4.1.2

Motocast widget was removed in the Android Jelly Bean update. Motocast was also made a stand alone app. Should be in your app tray.

jjdejd

Reaction score
Motocast widget was removed in the Android Jelly Bean update. Motocast was also made a stand alone app. Should be in your app tray.

Thanks for the response. I have checked my app tray several times and only have Motocast USB. When I activate it. It says " Contacts sync account for windows is active" and I press OK ? I do remember when I got the Jellybean upgrade, everything went wrong. I still have motocast on my computer, but no way to communicate to it. Would the original Motocast app be buried deeper in my phone?? I guess it was blown away with the upgrade? I have ver. 4.1.2 Thanks again.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
I still have motocast on my razr maxx with JB.
Thanks for the response. I have checked my app tray several times and only have Motocast USB. When I activate it. It says " Contacts sync account for windows is active" and I press OK ? I do remember when I got the Jellybean upgrade, everything went wrong. I still have motocast on my computer, but no way to communicate to it. Would the original Motocast app be buried deeper in my phone?? I guess it was blown away with the upgrade? I have ver. 4.1.2 Thanks again.

Rogus

Reaction score
I also still have Motocast on mine. However, it won't upload files to my computer any longer. Every time I try to turn on Auto Backup, I get a popup that says, "Backup location: Upload location not available, pls try again shortly." If I touch 'Backup location' to "Select the computer you'd like to upload to" I get the same popup. Searching the web hasn't revealed any answers. I'd given up on it a while back. I'm just passing on the info about my experience.

Rogus

Reaction score
I also still have Motocast on mine. However, it won't upload files to my computer any longer. Every time I try to turn on Auto Backup, I get a popup that says, "Backup location: Upload location not available, pls try again shortly." If I touch 'Backup location' to "Select the computer you'd like to upload to" I get the same popup. Searching the web hasn't revealed any answers. I'd given up on it a while back. I'm just passing on the info about my experience.

Turns out it was a problem with my computer and in fiddling around with the phone yesterday posting the above message, I must have inadvertently changed a phone setting, because today I received a notification on my phone that the software on my computer needed updating. Having updated it many times before, I still went ahead and tried it again, but it still didn't work. Instead, I uninstalled it on the computer and installed a fresh version of MotoCast. Now it works again. I'm pretty sure I had previously done a reinstall on the computer, because that's pretty standard, but maybe not. It was a while ago and I don't remember. Anyway, it's working great. I'm just sharing for information to make sure I haven't misled anybody with the previous post making them think there was a problem with MotoCast on my phone.

jjdejd

Reaction score
Good news. I finally found the app on my phone. For some reason, it was at the very end of a list. I never looked past "M" and just happened to scroll to the bottom and it was there. It works better than before. I'm happy. Thanks for all your help.