Motorola Motocast not compatable with Razr?

kbrake

Reaction score
I go to google play to load the Motocast app and it says that my Razr Maxx is not a compatible phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it true?:blink:

Insidious

Reaction score
I think motocast either comes with the phone, or its a pc client.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

GrmReaper

Reaction score
Works just fine on my Razr...can't see how it would be different with the Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Came standard on my MAXX and OG Razr, never use it though. I have seen many people talking about using it though, so I am sure the MAXX is supported. What happened to the one that was on the phone when you first got it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you running a custom rom?

SallyC

Reaction score
I go to google play to load the Motocast app and it says that my Razr Maxx is not a compatible phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it true?:blink:

The Maxx's web page says
The free MotoCast app from Motorola lets DROID RAZR MAXX stream your docs, pics and music (including your iTunes and Windows Media Player playlists) from your work and home computers — virtually anytime, anywhere — so your content is always within reach. No uploading to a third party means no wasted time, and everything stays protected, right on your computer.

Try going to Play in Safe Mode.

waynester

Reaction score
Maybe a new change, but for funnies I tried to set up motocast on my razr, it was a no go, vzw new back up ass pro has taken it's place.
on your pc when you get toward the end of set up of motocast, you get redirected to vzw back up ass pro site.
If you continue you will find vzw gives you a whopping 500MB of free cloud storage, any more and ...shocker...vzw charges you a monthly fee.
Oh and you might also get the strange 6200 or 6250 txt messages that seem to be bugs in the vzw offering.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Interesting because on my Maxx, motocast came preloaded with no need to get it from google play. There are also tutorials preloaded on the Maxx that explain how to set it up. If you go to my gallery, my files or my music there is an option to use motivate

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops, accidentally touched send b4 I finished. If you go to my gallery, my files our my music, there is an option to choose motocast and you can set it up from there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use it on my MAXX for instant uploading of my media to PC and streaming media to the maxx

----posted maxx'ed out----