Motocast???

ricks

Reaction score
What happened to Motocast? I really liked having all my photos taken with my razr uploaded to my computer automatically.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
What happened to Motocast? I really liked having all my photos taken with my razr uploaded to my computer automatically.

It's a separate app now, should be in your app drawer

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

1coopgt

Reaction score

Go to your app drawer. It's still there as an independent app instead of being tied to your gallery .

Rogus

Reaction score
According to the changelog, motocast is now a separate app. You also need to re-login to start it working again.

Correct. However, at least on my phone, Motocast will not automatically upload photos when my wi-fi is turned off even though I have I have Auto Backup "ON" in settings and "Download only over WiFi" unchecked in Download settings. You might want to check your settings if you find you don't use wi-fi and your photos aren't automatically uploading. If you aren't having the problem, I would greatly appreciate it so I know it's just my phone and not the Motocast app. Thanks.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Mines working fine so far. I took a pic with wifi on only and it uploaded it. While on 4G, I took a pic and it had a notification that says waiting to upload. It won't until I turn on wifi.

Rogus

Reaction score
Mines working fine so far. I took a pic with wifi on only and it uploaded it. While on 4G, I took a pic and it had a notification that says waiting to upload. It won't until I turn on wifi.

Thanks for the info. Same as mine. Guess it's a Moto problem and not just my phone.

Last edited:
OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
I don't think its a problem. Just a little different on mine. It works

Rogus

Reaction score
I don't think its a problem. Just a little different on mine. It works

Just my opinion, but if something doesn't work the way it should, I think it's a problem. I want it to upload via cellular data. It's supposed to and it doesn't. If we all have the same issue, that's a problem Moto should fix.

Rogus

Reaction score
Thanks to a participant in the Moto users forum. Here's the answer about photo uploads and it's not our phone or exactly a program problem. It's that the setting for upload options is not very obvious.

"Go into Motocast Settings, tap on Auto Backup, check to see if you have "Upload only over WiFi" checked and if so uncheck it. It's uploading over data that you want to allow, not downloading for your photographs. I just changed to these settings and the pictures that were stuck on my phone uploaded to my PC via Motocast successfully."

Wish it were a bit more intuitive to find settings in some of these apps. Most of them are amazing in what they can do, but they sure don't make it easy to set them up sometimes.

theetronic

Reaction score
where's My Motocast Widget?

I read the thread about where is my Motocast and again i did find it in my app drawer
But where is my widget i loved so much ?

Rogus

Reaction score
There was a Motocast widget? You can move the app icon to a 'home' screen, but I wasn't aware there was a widget for it.

jjdejd

Reaction score
Cant find Motocast on Playstore, just Motocast USB. Liked the ability to view my files on my computer. Is this app gone? Thanks. Have a Droid Maxx approx. 1 1/2 years old. Im running ver. 4.1.2