Moto Z2 Force Images Leaked

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-z2-force-1024x768-jpg.77494

We now have some leaked images for the Moto Z2 Force. The device looks very similar to the Moto Z2 Play. This phone features a front side fingerprint. The Moto Z2 Force won't adopt the minimized bezels of other flagship devices. We do have pins on the back for Moto Mods compatibility. We don't have any details on the specs of the device, but it is expected to come with Shatter Shield technology, a 5.5" 1080p display, and a Snapdragon 835 SoC.

via AndroidAuthority

Attachments

• Moto-Z2-Force-1024x768.jpg
    Moto-Z2-Force-1024x768.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 3,002

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I guess they really can't because of the Moto mod design. The only way around that is to put the fingerprint sensor on the power button but then it may not be as accurate.

Yeah Moto backed themselves in a corner. They would have to mod future mods to have a fingerprint cutout on the back where the Moto emblem is located.

Ok so one down with the thin bezels I sure hope we don't get another with Google's pixel 2.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know we all have our personal preference, but I actually prefer the fingerprint scanner on the front. It feels more natural to me than on the back; I can unlock my phone while it's laying flat and don't have to pick it up. But that's probably because I am used to it; if I owned a phone with the scanner on the back I'm sure I would grow used to it being there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Moto Z Force has a 2K Screen. That has to be an Error for 1080p for the Z2 Force. THat would be a downgrade. How many Flagships are 1080p and why go backwards. I cant see how they can place the scanner anywhere else since the MotoMods go on the Back. I like it on the Front myself anyway. Moto could Put the Scanner on the Bezel like they did back in the day with the Atrix.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think 1080p resolution is an error also. Other sites like gsmarena and phone arena list display as 1440x2560 resolution.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I much prefer the fingerprint reader on the back. Especially this Moto design that has the reader there that does.... nothing else. If it launched the App Drawer on a second press, ala Apple. it would be much better, imo.
Either this or the G6 will be my next phone, though. I do love Moto and the G6 IMO is the sexiest phone out right now. So svelte.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If not the Pixel 2, a Motorola might be my next as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I know we all have our personal preference, but I actually prefer the fingerprint scanner on the front. It feels more natural to me than on the back; I can unlock my phone while it's laying flat and don't have to pick it up. But that's probably because I am used to it; if I owned a phone with the scanner on the back I'm sure I would grow used to it being there.

It definitely takes some getting used to with the fingerprint on the back of the phone. I much prefer having it on the front, especially if I am in the car. I don't use Smart Lock, so having to take my phone off of my mount to use the scanner, or try and enter my pin is annoying.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Annnnd I just dropped my phone face down in the parking lot. Yet another reminder of why I have a shatterproof Moto. It's time for me to stop pretending my next phone will be anything but Motorola...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Annnnd I just dropped my phone face down in the parking lot. Yet another reminder of why I have a shatterproof Moto. Let's stop pretending my next phone will be anything but Motorola...

I thought you bought an LG something?

And yes, I agree. After buying my wife a Z Play to save money compared to the Force, she dropped it once and it hit just right. Cracked the screen all the way across. So the $$ I saved went into the $150 broken screen process that Moto offers. I think I will stick with Shatter shield screens as long as they make them.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Bought a new car. Turbo 2 was seriously wonky with the Bluetooth connection. Spent 30 grand on a car and finally got a good BT system and my phone wouldn't work? In a "fit of rage" I bought a V10 on Swappa for $215. LOVED that phone. But then Nougat came out. Tried that with my new car. Worked perfectly. Since I can't get much for my Motorola I sold the V10 back on Swappa for $200. So, it cost me $15 to try out a V10 for 5 weeks.

//EDIT// Seriously the piece of mind that comes with a shatterproof screen CANNOT be understated. It's raining. Dropped my phone face down onto wet pavement. Landed fully flat. Would have broken ANY other phone. Didn't cause me 1 second of alarm. Didn't make my heart skip a beat. I didn't even inspect the screen when I picked it up. Just wiped it off. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys don't use bumpers/cases on your phones? I always do and have never had a cracked screen in 10+ years.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm with you Pere, definitely worth it. I have seen phones drop from 4 - 5 feet, hit cement and not break. I saw a friend's phone fall off a trampoline into grass and shatter. I have seen my kids drop there's on our concrete driveway and not break, but then fall out of their lap and hit a wooden deck and shatter. It's all about how & where they hit. In all of those examples the phones were in cases. My wife's Z Play was in a bumper case when she dropped it, from the coffee table to a hard wood floor. It hit just right, tight on the corner and cracked the gorilla Glass. I have only dropped my Z Force once, from chest height on to concrete. Knocked the bumper case off and the style shell went flying across the garage. Didn't even blink an eye. Picked it up, dusted it off and put the style shell back on. I shouldn't need a new phone this year, but when I do the Z Force 2 will be my next phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I hate cases. I like skinny phones. Yea, some cases add hardly anything, especially bumpers. I support the phones at my job and I've seen everything break in cases. Except for the one dude with the OtterBox. I despise those giant Otterboxes.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So is there a date set for a Moto reveal event yet?
I'm getting antsy.