Moto Z2 Force Images Leaked

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, May 22, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,189
    [​IMG]

We now have some leaked images for the Moto Z2 Force. The device looks very similar to the Moto Z2 Play. This phone features a front side fingerprint. The Moto Z2 Force won't adopt the minimized bezels of other flagship devices. We do have pins on the back for Moto Mods compatibility. We don't have any details on the specs of the device, but it is expected to come with Shatter Shield technology, a 5.5" 1080p display, and a Snapdragon 835 SoC.

via AndroidAuthority

Attached Files:

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,823
    Yeah I guess they really can't because of the Moto mod design. The only way around that is to put the fingerprint sensor on the power button but then it may not be as accurate.

Yeah Moto backed themselves in a corner. They would have to mod future mods to have a fingerprint cutout on the back where the Moto emblem is located.

Ok so one down with the thin bezels I sure hope we don't get another with Google's pixel 2.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,092
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I know we all have our personal preference, but I actually prefer the fingerprint scanner on the front. It feels more natural to me than on the back; I can unlock my phone while it's laying flat and don't have to pick it up. But that's probably because I am used to it; if I owned a phone with the scanner on the back I'm sure I would grow used to it being there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +546
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force Droid
    The Moto Z Force has a 2K Screen. That has to be an Error for 1080p for the Z2 Force. THat would be a downgrade. How many Flagships are 1080p and why go backwards. I cant see how they can place the scanner anywhere else since the MotoMods go on the Back. I like it on the Front myself anyway. Moto could Put the Scanner on the Bezel like they did back in the day with the Atrix.

5. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Yeah I think 1080p resolution is an error also. Other sites like gsmarena and phone arena list display as 1440x2560 resolution.

6. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,720
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    I much prefer the fingerprint reader on the back. Especially this Moto design that has the reader there that does.... nothing else. If it launched the App Drawer on a second press, ala Apple. it would be much better, imo.
    Either this or the G6 will be my next phone, though. I do love Moto and the G6 IMO is the sexiest phone out right now. So svelte.

7. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +899
    If not the Pixel 2, a Motorola might be my next as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +951
    It definitely takes some getting used to with the fingerprint on the back of the phone. I much prefer having it on the front, especially if I am in the car. I don't use Smart Lock, so having to take my phone off of my mount to use the scanner, or try and enter my pin is annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +3,720
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Annnnd I just dropped my phone face down in the parking lot. Yet another reminder of why I have a shatterproof Moto. It's time for me to stop pretending my next phone will be anything but Motorola...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#9 PereDroid, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,092
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I thought you bought an LG something?

And yes, I agree. After buying my wife a Z Play to save money compared to the Force, she dropped it once and it hit just right. Cracked the screen all the way across. So the $$ I saved went into the $150 broken screen process that Moto offers. I think I will stick with Shatter shield screens as long as they make them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

11. PereDroid

Ratings:
    +3,720
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Bought a new car. Turbo 2 was seriously wonky with the Bluetooth connection. Spent 30 grand on a car and finally got a good BT system and my phone wouldn't work? In a "fit of rage" I bought a V10 on Swappa for $215. LOVED that phone. But then Nougat came out. Tried that with my new car. Worked perfectly. Since I can't get much for my Motorola I sold the V10 back on Swappa for $200. So, it cost me $15 to try out a V10 for 5 weeks.

//EDIT// Seriously the piece of mind that comes with a shatterproof screen CANNOT be understated. It's raining. Dropped my phone face down onto wet pavement. Landed fully flat. Would have broken ANY other phone. Didn't cause me 1 second of alarm. Didn't make my heart skip a beat. I didn't even inspect the screen when I picked it up. Just wiped it off. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

• Like Like x 1
  12. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,014
    You guys don't use bumpers/cases on your phones? I always do and have never had a cracked screen in 10+ years.

Search tags for this page

moto z2 force