Motorola announces the Z2 Force Edition

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
548780-motorola-z2-force-edition.jpg

Well, as usual, Evan Blass was right on the money. Motorola announced the Z2 Force today and everything he leaked is true. No longer a Droid, this model is not going to be a Verizon exclusive, and will be available on all US carriers. All the spec rumors were true: 5.5 inch AMOLED shatterproof screen that is more scratch resistant then the Z Force. The Qualcomm 835 powers it, with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage and an SD Card slot. The dual 12 MP cameras are on the back.
And, yes, the 2730 mAh battery will be providing the juice. This is bigger then last year's Z, but quite a bit smaller then the Z Force. As most of you know, the Snapdragon 835 is much better on battery life. They are still calling it "the all-day battery". I hope Moto knows what they are doing here. I will let you know when mine arrives on (or around) August 10th. Pre-orders start: /edit/ today.
Also announced was the new 360 degree HD Camera Moto Mod for $299.

Source: PC MAG

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Looks like pre-orders are actually up now for VZW and T-Mobile and they are offering the Projector free for certain plans. Don't think I qualify on the business plan but I did get an extra $100, so $149.

Verizon spec page.
moto z2 force edition | Verizon Wireless
*Pre-ordered.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I saw Verizon has a nice deal for $15 a month for 2yrs ...other carriers crazy though ..$799 for T-MOBILE is not a good price IMO ..

Sent using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I saw Verizon has a nice deal for $15 a month for 2yrs ...other carriers crazy though ..$799 for T-MOBILE is not a good price IMO ..

Sent using Tapatalk

there are so many different deals out there, it is near impossible to keep track of them and know all the fine prints.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
there are so many different deals out there, it is near impossible to keep track of them and know all the fine prints.
Yeah it can get a bit confusing ...I usually get good info though different channels so I will keep an eye for them for all ..

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
the Box

moto z2 force edition

Pre-Installed 4G LTE Nano SIM Card

2-Piece Wall/ USB-C Charger

3.5mm to USB-C Adaptor Cable

SIM Tool

Quick Reference Guide

ICSI Brochure

So does it not come with a back? Of course, it does, yes?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So does it not come with a back? Of course, it does, yes?
Nah! I'm sure they didn't bother including a back since they know everyone is going to have by a Battery Moto-Mod anyway :p

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man, this is a nice looking device, but ever since these narrow bezels came around I have no interest in anything else. But I do love Motorola devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Shattershield being easy to scratch is not new. The manufacturer (Moto) recommends always using a screen protector for this very reason. To me it's simple....you want scratch resistant / proof screen, get a Gorilla Glass screen. You want shatter proof (but not scratch resistant) screen, get a Shattershield. Life is all about choices and it's good that we have both versions of screens available for those that prefer either type.

The Moto Z2 Force is definitely on my "want list" for 2017, easily scratched screen or not....smaller battery and all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
...recommends always using a screen protector for this very reason. To me it's simple....you want scratch resistant / proof screen, get a Gorilla Glass screen. You want shatter proof (but not scratch resistant) screen, get a Shattershield.

I've always favored screen protectors if for no other reason than to reduce glare and fingerprints.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why this should be a choice - Shattershield plus screen protector seems like a nearly perfect solution.

willieaames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony xperia Z 1
Until they fix the locking and other crashing issues, I won't buy another force, TBH.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Shattershield being easy to scratch is not new. The manufacturer (Moto) recommends always using a screen protector for this very reason. To me it's simple....you want scratch resistant / proof screen, get a Gorilla Glass screen. You want shatter proof (but not scratch resistant) screen, get a Shattershield. Life is all about choices and it's good that we have both versions of screens available for those that prefer either type.

The Moto Z2 Force is definitely on my "want list" for 2017, easily scratched screen or not....smaller battery and all.

gorilla glass does scratch. My note 3 lost a battle with a dime and it was only in my pocket for 20 minutes. though the glass was not the latest, I am hesitant to go without some sort of screen protection.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've always favored screen protectors if for no other reason than to reduce glare and fingerprints.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why this should be a choice - Shattershield plus screen protector seems like a nearly perfect solution.
Y'know why? Because I went through 8 screen protectors before I gave up on using them. My T2 us scratched to hell and back. I don't care.
(Note: I wouldn't have this attitude if I was buying my phones at full price. Work buys my phones and we still get contract discounts. Z2 costs my job $150. It's damn near disposable at that price.)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk