Moto Z & Moto Z Force July 28th! Verizon Editions ..

Discussion in 'Moto Z (Moto Z & Moto Z Force)' started by bkdodger, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Clamshell

Clamshell Senior Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Not ignorance. Device Payment Plan. It's definitely Caveat emptor on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I stopped by Best Buy today and talked to the Verizon Rep. I wanted to see if the Moto Z phones are coming in on Thurs and ask the VZ rep some questions about my account. She said my account will stay the same, same price and same data plan, I said, I'm a grandfathered UD customer. She said your already paying the 49.99 price for your UD. Verizon is going after the users that use over 100GB a month, my average is 35gb and I had a peak a few months ago of 60GB. also once last year I had a month over 250gb.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    I don't disagree that Best Buy takes this position. Now call Verizon, the company that is actually providing your cellular service, the company you are actually signing a contract with for that service and see what they say about keeping your existing UDP while getting your phone from Best Buy at no cost under a "new two year contract".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I have not upgraded in five years because I didn’t want to lose my UDP buts it is time to get a new phone so I was looking at VZ’s site and liked the new Moto Z Droid coming out. I signed up for an upgrade to see what plans I could get. I went through and when I got to choose a plan the site kept my same plan, so I called VZ and talked to several reps and they all said I was going to keep my same plan with UD. I was and still am paying 49 bucks for my UDP. A few hours went by and I was reading some reviews on the Moto Z and came across the BB deal for $1.00 + the JBL speaker. So I called VZ and they could not match the price and told me I could cancel and get the phone through BB but to make sure the BB site says you can keep your existing plan which it did so I ordered one. Like I stated above I was at BB today talking to the Verizon Employee Rep. She looked up my account and said with my new two year contract my UDP will stay the same price because I was already paying the 49 dollars a month for it. Actually with my new two year contract my total price is going to go down about 9 bucks.

Another way to look at the BB price. The Moto Z Droid regular price with a two year contract is $201.00 but now its on sale for 200 off. Moto Z Force is also 200 off, sale price is 99. We will see how this turns out next week or when my bill comes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    The Best Buy "Verizon Employee Rep" is not the same as a Verizon Wireless technical support staff and I would trust their information less. If you call 1-800-922-0204 and keep pressing "0" you will get to Technical Support. I would ask them as I mentioned.

Either way, I wish you good luck and I hope it works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I've had the new Moto z for 16 days now and received my first bill with the new phone. My plan stayed the same. We'll see what happens next month, but I'm guessing it will stay the same. VZ sent me a email saying what my new bill will be and the plan stayed the same.
    BTW, I love the phone, speed is really fast, size is great. disabled all the bloat apps and I really thought I'm miss a rooted phone but with the speed and feel of Android 6.01 the phone just fun. The JBL Moto mod sounds great.

• Like Like x 1