Moto Droid RAZR stuck in HDMI mode

Hibbz3030

Reaction score
I just purchased this RAZR today. When I got home I noticed it said HDMI connected. There is no cord connected, (don't even own one) and it is very annoying. I cannot play music, unless the phone is locked. Once I unlock the phone it says HDMI connected and lags the music and stops it, (thus making me assume it would be playing through my HDMI cord....) I have Reset the phone, Hard reset it as well (Power Button and down volume button). I tried calling tech support but they are closed.. Might have to take it back into Verizon tomorrow and exchange it unless anyone else has an idea. I have searched google and these forums, haven't found anything.

jfgoodysr

Reaction score
I have the same problem

I just purchased this RAZR today. When I got home I noticed it said HDMI connected. There is no cord connected, (don't even own one) and it is very annoying. I cannot play music, unless the phone is locked. Once I unlock the phone it says HDMI connected and lags the music and stops it, (thus making me assume it would be playing through my HDMI cord....) I have Reset the phone, Hard reset it as well (Power Button and down volume button). I tried calling tech support but they are closed.. Might have to take it back into Verizon tomorrow and exchange it unless anyone else has an idea. I have searched google and these forums, haven't found anything.

Ever since the Ice Cream Sandwich update, my Razr has been quirky as hell! Every time I turn my phone on, the HDMI connection comes up and my screen auto-rotates. I have to go into my display settings and enable my HDMI detection, then disable it. then my screen returns to normal. Also, my phone was getting very warm and sometimes my speakers don't work unless I reboot, then do the HDMI thing over again. I hope they fix the bugs in our ICS updates soon, this is driving me crazy! I'm going to do a factory reset in the meantime.