razr thinks its hooked up to hdmi cable?

sign guy spokane

Reaction score
My razr keeps randomly saying its hooked up to hdmi cable. I have never hooked the hdmi cable up to it, I can make the hdmi mode go off when I hook the cable to it. just one end of the cable, but when i plug in the one end of the cable when its working it doesnt go in hdmi mode. Kind of hard to explain. Sometimes it will go back to normal by itself, or if i hook up the charger. It seemed to start doing it after I did an update on it, but not sure. Very frustrating. When im using my phone, the screen goes sideways, and brings up a dock menu. Please Help!

Can I disable the hdmi, or the hdmi dock menu???

Last edited:

thinkecommerce

Reaction score
This is happening to me now!

THIS IS ****ING ANNOYING.

I MADE A RECENT UPDATE TO SOME APPS, THEN THIS STARTED TO HAPPEN. I DE-INSTALLED THE UPDATES THAT WERE MADE, BUT IT'S STILL HAPPENING.

PLEASE HELP TO GET THIS RESOLVED!

WHY? HOW? AND HOW DO WE FIX THIS!? :mad::mad:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try going into settings, display, and unmark enable HDMI mode...

You might also try clearing the cache.. if that doesn't stop it.. the dreaded factory data reset will probably clear it up.

Also, use a bright light and see if there's something inside of your micro HDMI jack causing it to think its connected to a cable.. lint, dirt, corrosion from rain or sweat getting into it... ?

thinkecommerce

Reaction score
thanks! will try this!

You might also try clearing the cache.. if that doesn't stop it.. the dreaded factory data reset will probably clear it up.

Also, use a bright light and see if there's something inside of your micro HDMI jack causing it to think its connected to a cable.. lint, dirt, corrosion from rain or sweat getting into it... ?

tonymay22175

Reaction score
This worked great! Thanks! Now I can use my phone again! dancedroid