Driod Razr Maxx No output signal from HDMI

aldous92107

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a droid razr maxx with ics. I just got a brand new mini to standard hdmi cable. I plugged it into a new acer 27" led monitor with hdmi input. Nothing makes any reaction when I plug and un plug cables. the tv does not see it and the phone does not react at all. I have no other way of testing the cable as the phone is my only mini hdmi device but it is a name brand cable (i actually didn't cheap out this time) and fresh out of the box. I tries the setting making sure hdmi was enabled and i messed with the overscan and still nothing, not a flicker. could there be an app interfering with the hdmi like lookout? Help.

Thank You

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tough to say.. when I plug in my maxx, I get a pop up... it says mirror, web top, and... can't remember the other...

Go into settings, display, make sure HDMI connection is selected and reboot..

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Make sure the HDMI Channel input setting is correct on the "TV" too! It can't be on like channel 3 for a cable box!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Good thinking :)

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Yea! The phone needs to detect that the TVs input signal is actually on! Kinda like talking to each other! Then the phones mirror mode screen should pop up! :)

patman68

Reaction score
I also cant get mr RAZR to connect to TV. Rep in store said that I need to get an app, to do this. I've tried all input sources for my TV, but no results. Any tips?

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Some sites actually "block" (Mirror Mode) from the phone! You could try an App in the Play Store called "Xternal Display"! Try that! Like I said, some sites don't work! :(

patman68

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Tried it, to no avail. "Missing shared library" error message. No good, for ICS.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks for the advice. Tried it, to no avail. "Missing shared library" error message. No good, for ICS.

Yeah, Xternal Display doesn't work like it used to anymore.