Most efficient way to use navigation?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I tried out the car mount for the first time today.
I was just going to run out for a few groceries, and decided to try out navigation.

So, I clicked Voice Search, said "Kroger," clicked the correct search result, then Get Directions, then Navigate.

Is that the best way? Seemed like a lot of poking around if it is.

Also, it showed the first turn I needed to take in a Street View format. I thought that was really cool, but it never did it again for the rest of my turns.

And finally :))), I guess I can forgive them for not including a charger in the car mount, but seriously, they couldn't even give it a little hook to contain the cord when you unplug it? :rolleyes:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I always use the Voice option to enter where I'm going....beats typing anyday.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I tried out the car mount for the first time today.
I was just going to run out for a few groceries, and decided to try out navigation.

So, I clicked Voice Search, said "Kroger," clicked the correct search result, then Get Directions, then Navigate.
Instead of just saying "Kroger," next time try saying "Navigate to Kroger." Then it knows you want to use Navigation instead of a plain-old Google Search.

Also, it showed the first turn I needed to take in a Street View format. I thought that was really cool, but it never did it again for the rest of my turns.
Not every street has a Street View available. And Navigation is still in Beta-testing, so bugs like that are bound to happen. At any rate, I've never had it start in Street View when I've used Google Nav -- it always finishes there, though. As I get closer to the destination, it switches automatically if the Street View is available.

And finally :))), I guess I can forgive them for not including a charger in the car mount, but seriously, they couldn't even give it a little hook to contain the cord when you unplug it? :rolleyes:
Totally agree with you there -- the car-dock should've come with the car-charger included, and it should be attached to the dock itself so there's no fumbling with cables when you get in/out of the car.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Considering that it cost me $2 for cable and cigarette lighter plug, it would have cost Motorola, what, 15 cents? :)

Anyway, I bought some little cable-keepers at K-Mart for all the USB cables coming from my PC. I'll put one on my dashboard for the charger cable.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
My one complaint about the vehicle mount is that you should have to plug the cord into the mount like you do for the home mount rather than into the Droid itself. This way you would not have to keep plugging and unplugging the cord each time.

Reaction score
My one complaint about the vehicle mount is that you should have to plug the cord into the mount like you do for the home mount rather than into the Droid itself. This way you would not have to keep plugging and unplugging the cord each time.

Hey motorola hire this guy :)

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

I agree. They should have included electrode contact pads on the back side of the phone so that when you clip the phone in, it makes contact with a set of charging electrodes sticking out from the mount and begins charging. That way, you don't have to try to get it lined up just right to get the USB connector to mate correctly.

An even better alternative would be inductive charging like the pre has.

edit: But if Motorola had included either if these functions, the mount would have probably cost us $200.

Last edited: