vehicle mount + garmin ball mount?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by the3dolla, Nov 8, 2009.

1. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, omnibus dashed my hopes; but he must have guessing because he couldn't have been more wrong. Mbsbike knows what's up. See attached pictures! It's just an all around nice way to hold the phone even if you're not using it for NAV. I think some and myself have wondered about street view. You can't navigate with fill street view, but if you double tap the screen it will show the next turn in street view mode..

Hey -

I was wondering if anyone has a Garmin nav unit (I have the Nuvi 660)+ the droid car mount.

I thought I saw a picture of the droid car mount that had a ball, thus you could use the end of the mount with a ball type mount like that of the a garmin.

Thus you can buy a Clip mount from Pro Clip Usa and then put the droid mount onto the ball..

Nick

#1 the3dolla, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. omnibus

omnibus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a whole different setup. The balls are way different in size.

I have the Garmin suction cup mount and also a weighted beanbag mount.

At first glance I looks impossible to me to make them work together.

3. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bummer..

I thought the balls would be the same size.. I wonder if pro clip will make a different size ball mount adapter to work with it.. or I wonder if they have one already.. Is the size really that different?

4. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's coming..

Don't know how long, but pro clip usa will be coming out with a Droid holder soon. I'd bet you still have to buy the 30 car mount, but then you get the pro clip. Sure they cost ~50 for both pieces, but i don't want to have to put up the suction mount each time.

ProClip Mounting System - PalmOne

5. Mongoose

Mongoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Pro Clip system in my Vette. After purchasing the base I bought the Universal Mount. It will hold my Storm, or an iPhone or my Garmin PDA and based on the size, it will easily accomodate the Droid which is: 4.6 by 2.4 by 0.5 inches

This is the Pro Clip part number.
    [​IMG]Item No. 875214 - Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel

It will adjust out to 3.2" and as you can see by the Droid measurements, that is an ample amount of room. It's already been posted once but here's another link to ProClip. www.proclipusa.com This is a good system folks.
    [​IMG]

6. mbsbike

mbsbike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid vehicle mount works perfectly with the standard Garmin ball mount.

There is a sleeve on the back of the clip that tightens the vehicle mount to the ball (makes it very stable once adjusted). Unscrew the sleeve completely, allowing the holster to be removed from the suction cup and arm. Put the sleeve over the ball, put the vehicle holder on the ball, adjust to desired viewing angle, and tighten the sleeve.

Works like a champ, and much more stable than the Garmin mounts, which tend to get sloppy after a while.

The only downside is that you have to connect the charger (it's not a dock like the Garmins have) and the earpiece adapter.

7. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    awesome

I will for sure pick it up now.. I already have the garmin ball mount setup.. It is nicr that the garmins have the charger integraded..

8. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i wonder

I wonder what omnibus was lookin at..

9. warrenianbarr

warrenianbarr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [

Do you have link for this or a model number or anything? I would like to order it.

Thanks,
    Warren

QUOTE=mbsbike;11978]The Droid vehicle mount works perfectly with the standard Garmin ball mount.

There is a sleeve on the back of the clip that tightens the vehicle mount to the ball (makes it very stable once adjusted). Unscrew the sleeve completely, allowing the holster to be removed from the suction cup and arm. Put the sleeve over the ball, put the vehicle holder on the ball, adjust to desired viewing angle, and tighten the sleeve.

Works like a champ, and much more stable than the Garmin mounts, which tend to get sloppy after a while.

The only downside is that you have to connect the charger (it's not a dock like the Garmins have) and the earpiece adapter.[/QUOTE]

10. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    are you sure?

mbsbike.. are you sure it will work with the attachment above?

Well, then you also need to get the other part of the clip per your car.. The ball unit will attach with screws..

12. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the mount..

See pictures from original post on what it looks like and what you could have!

Search tags for this page
ball socket phone cradle for car
dyatar phoen cradel ball size
garmin ball extender

garmin ball mount

garmin ball mount size

garmin ball size

garmin friction mount ball size
garmin friction mount iphone adapter
garmin holder for car
how the ball goes into the socket of garmin friction mount