More Blackberry Android Images are Supposedly Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
blackberry-android.png

The above image is a screencap of an animated gif. The image is supposedly the new Blackberry Android device which has been rumored for a while now. For the last three days, the obviously no longer retired Evan Blass (aka @evleaks), has been posting new images of the device. We can't post the animated gifs in the news, but we can point you a link to check them out: Evan Blass (@evleaks) | Twitter.

The animated gifs show off the whole device in a spin, and even include the pop-out physical keyboard that is practically ubiquitous to Blackberry designs. What do you guys think? Will Blackberry take the time and money to do this right, or will it be "half-assed"? Also, are there any users out there who would actually like to see the return of a physical keyboard?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I was a huge BB fan back in the day but when the QC starting going south....very far south I quickly became upset with them. It didn't help that Balsilie said that the problems the BlackBerry Storm endured was due to software glitches and that this is part of the “new reality” of making complex cellphones in large quantities.

I realize he is no longer with them (thankfully) but are they going to put out a buggy handset. This is their first venture into Android so I surely wouldn't be an early adopter especially with their track record.

With that said, to answer your question. I love the idea of a physical keyboard. No longer will screen real estate be taken up with an on screen keyboard. Thats the one thing that "bugs" me about smartphones. Of course I've learned to live with it and I haven't lost any sleep over it, but I could see myself really digging a physical keyboard. Especially Blackberry's. Nobody does it better.

Great design idea

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I too liked BlackBerry. I had the storm..garbage..then I had several after that. I did love the keyboards..you could fly and hardly make a mistake..

It wasn't until the droid x, that I jumped to Android...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I like the idea behind sliding the screen up to access a physical keyboard. What is the cost to battery life though? With the thickness needed for that keyboard how big of a battery will it have?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Should have done this 5 years ago.
They'd probably STILL be the #1 handset maker.
Put their own hypersecure apps on it for business.
Apple who? Samsung who?

I used to like BB, as well. The last nice phone they made was, IMO, the Pearl Flip. That thing was SO nice and small and ran well. So easy to type on. Not so good for YouTube but for a WORK phone? Couldn't beat it.

41SiRTXjbxL.jpg

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Ultimately the Cost will be a factor for me. I don't plan on Leasing or a Contract so I will have to buy it outright.