Rumor: Samsung Dropping Tizen?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, May 24, 2018.

1. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +672
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note9 (512GB)
    I do miss some of the apps of WearOS like the simple things like Dominos to order and track my Pizza. Yeah I know why. It is more of the Coolness factor. We are in an age of emerging tech that is finally getting to a point that we though Decades ago. Having a Smartwach now gives you that feel like Dick Tracy or Inspector Gadget from back in the where you were like that would be cool to make calls from your watch or see a video on it. I found the Lack of Apps to be the Only Negative for my Gear S3 Frontier over my old LG Urbane. I did however find the overall quality build better. Battery Life is about double and it is lower profile so it fits and feels like a Normal Watch. I love using Samsung Pay on it. Works better than on my phone. If they were to offer a WearOS switch I may be intrigued to switch back. I did not like that some of the Apps for Tizen I had to pay for that were free for WearOS. Thats my take so far. Ive had the S3 Frontier for about 4 Months now and I do love it overall.

2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    Once my S1 died I lost all interest in Tizen as the screens on everything newer were too small to be useful for me. Same with watches using Wear.
    I just purchased a Gear Fit Pro so I'm back using Tizen and I must say their store is an even bigger mess and the most useful apps I had on my S1 aren't available on models released afterward anyway, be it Ss or Fits.
    Samsung hardware with AW software? If Samsung doesn't botch it up with bloatware that will be a very good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    You can at least set up notifications for Dominoes on your Gear watch :) I get those to keep track of the status of my order.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shockracer

shockracer Active Member

Ratings:
    +184
    I really wish they would do it to the Gears S3, I have a Frontier and the wife has a Classic. I'm finding Tizen to be lack luster and this these watches could be more. My biggest issue with these watches is if you answer a phone call from the watch it tells you to check phone... Simple fixes for this is available in the Android mobile world.

5. friedkin

friedkin New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My hope also.

#17 friedkin, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
azs

best cameras