[ROM] Monster Rom v1.1

Reaction score
Nope still having the same issue. as soon as i tap any txt entry space swype force closes immediately. Any more ideas I can try? I am not using any themes.

I was having this problem and I used titanium backup to restore both swype and the voice search app.
Fixed both of their fc problems.
I'm sold on monsterrom

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nuclearbier

Reaction score
I was having this problem and I used titanium backup to restore both swype and the voice search app.
Fixed both of their fc problems.
I'm sold on monsterrom

Don't know why I didn't think of that. It worked and since you mentioned the voice search app having an issue I decided to check that as well and sure enough it was force closing as too. I restored both using titanium backup and all is working now. Thanks for your input!

Did you have any other apps that you had to restore with titanium or is everything else running smooth?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah nice! Thanks for figuring and helping out Ln_Fn!

By the way guys, there is a new ROM out called Dark Droid. I talked to the Dev about it over at XDA, should be over here soon once he gets to a computer to make an account.

nuclearbier

Reaction score
Major problems for me....
swype force closes if you enable it whenevr your running anything that uses virtual keyboard and...
Googles "speak to search" function force closes.

These are vital for me, please fix in next update other than that monster rom ftw

I too had the same issues. I restored swype and voice search with titanium backup and that took care of the problem.

nuclearbier

Reaction score
I am sorry to say I do have one more issue to report. I cannot get Drocap2 to work. The screen caps now look like diagnal streaks. This is not a deal breaker but it does suck when I'm trying to cap my awesome quadrant standard scores to brag to friends. Anyone know of a screen cap app that works with Monster ROM?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just google Screen shot it apk. Or, go into the settings of drocap, I believe there's something in there that should be able to fix it. Other people were a=having that problem too before this ROM was even out.

Reaction score
Did you have any other apps that you had to restore with titanium or is everything else running smooth?

When I flashed it I basically had to reconfigure my whole phone. I had contacts saved to sd so that was easy but I had to go back through and restore all my apps from TB...games, social etc.

This is my first time flashing a new rom so I'm not sure how all of these work, but I'm super stoked on it, its like a whole new phone for 2.99 price of bootloader:)

I miss my contacts widget though, music beta has been lacking lock player controls since I started using it so no surprise there, it feels like my homescreens have more room for some reason...

nuclearbier

Reaction score
Yeah, just google Screen shot it apk. Or, go into the settings of drocap, I believe there's something in there that should be able to fix it. Other people were a=having that problem too before this ROM was even out.

Unfortunately both are creating the diagonal images, so I still have no way of creating screen caps. This is not a monster deal but my previous issue of swype not working reoccurs every time I reboot and I have to restore my old Titanium Backup version to get it to work again. This is almost a deal breaker! Only takes a few seconds to restore from TB but please fix in the next version. I know I'm not the only one having this issue. Same is true for Voice Search.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Notified the maker. Not sure why it does that with some, but not with most? So I'm not sure if they will be a fix, but I'll see what he says.

invictus

Reaction score
this is my first time ever trying to install a custom rom. Im at the part where I need to "install from internal sd card". I select the zip file, but then it says the file cannot be opened, and aborts the install. what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
When I do this I

Download the rom that I want
I don't do anything to the file I don't even move it
I go to my bootstrapp app and I get into recovery
I select get zip from sd card
I select get zip from internal sd card
I find a file named downloads
I find the zip I want
Say yes
then it does its thing

invictus

Reaction score
i downloaded titanium backup and made a backup of my apps and system files. Downloaded rom manager and got clockworkmod recovery (v5.0.2.6). downloaded droid 3 bootstrapper, downloaded the monsterrom1.1j zip file from this thread. used bootstrapper to go into recovery mode, selected "install from internal sd card" and selected the zip file. hit "yes". the exact messages i get are:

-- Installing: /emmc/download/monsterrom11j.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
E:Can't open /emmc/download/monsterrom11j.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

i also went back and checked my phone status and im running system version 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US

Reaction score
Did you do anything with the file after you downloaded it, like open and or extracted it. Don't do that if you did. Not sure what's going on but we will figure it out. Also make sure you make a backup of the stock rom first