Moderate Safe Search - Unable to change

stonewall72

Reaction score
Hey all - back on my Droid and have an issue with both the integrated browser and Opera. WHen I try to change my google "Safe Search" option it will not stick. I change it and go right back to search and it is back to moderate. Happens in Opera too. Cleared cookies and history. Rebooted and tried again. It should stick to the setting at least for that browsing session...I checked my voice search settings and set that to "Do not Filter". Any thoughts??? Thanks!

intrigued

Reaction score
I am glad to see that I am not the only one. I just did a search to check before asking the very same question. I have also lost the ability to download from the Market at the same time. I discovered that when I tried to install Dolphin Browser to see if the Google setting thing was a problem with the stock browser.

Tried rebooting, but not pulling the battery. That is next.

OP
stonewall72

stonewall72

Reaction score
I just checked and I also cannot download from the Market. It attempts to DL for about 3 seconds and then just stops. No error, etc... I have done two battery pulls but still same results...

intrigued

Reaction score
Pulling the battery didn't work either. Didn't really expect it to.

Have also cleared the cache and data more than once.

Oh, and my phone is rooted as well, if that has an impact.

intrigued

Reaction score
I just checked and I also cannot download from the Market. It attempts to DL for about 3 seconds and then just stops. No error, etc... I have done two battery pulls but still same results...

I did a search on google and saw a few twitter posts about others having market issues. I think that is just a market problem.

The google thing is a pain in the ass.

OP
stonewall72

stonewall72

Reaction score
To fix the Market issue go to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Choose Market and uninstall updates. Can DL from Market again

intrigued

Reaction score
To fix the Market issue go to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications. Choose Market and uninstall updates. Can DL from Market again

Done and done. Worked like a champ.

Google problem still there. Even with Dolphin Browser.

Must be a google prob (doesn't impact PC though).

OP
stonewall72

stonewall72

Reaction score
if you use Classic view (defeats the purpose of browsing on phone) it works. Guess theu dont want us to view questionable material on our mobile devices...strange.. thought it was my device to do with what I wanted. lol

bmac518

Reaction score
safe search issue wont turn off

I went to the Verizon store. Everyone with a droid had the same issue with safe search. Must be a droid issue. Tech could not figure out problem.

wushu1

Reaction score
Google restricting mobile safe search option

I have been going back and forth on the google forums as well and people from here in NYC down to Australia are affected. This, I feel, is not a good practice if they are intentioanlly blocking what we can and can't access from our expensive paid for phones/subscriptions. It is a personal choice for a person to make the change from moderate to off, and they should not force us to perform "work-arounds" to access our free web content.:r_c:

merighthere

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanna say I'm having the same problem on my incredible. Just noticed today.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

hudnae

Reaction score
Safe Search Settings not Saving

Same issue here. I called Verizon and got to 2nd level support. This is not something controlled by Andriod/HTC, it is controlled by Google. The tech checked his phone and the same thing happened to him. Perhaps Google has made some privacy change or they're updating the app itself. For now we're stuck with Moderate search results.

intrigued

Reaction score
I found this reply from a google guy on a google mobile help forum...

Hey all,

The team was able to quickly diagnose the issue and provide a fix which is in the process of rolling out. Please be patient as this can take a few hours to complete, but rest assured that you will be able to disable Safe Search soon. Sorry for the inconvenience, and happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the States!

Cheers,

That was posted at 6:06pm today. So hopefully soon it will be fixed.

intrigued

Reaction score
Just tried a little while ago and it appears that the problem has been solved by the folks at Google.